By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Itagaki: Devil's Third is getting criticized because it's innovative

spurgeonryan said:
HylianYoshi said:

Miiverse is not the main force behind Wii U. A strong majority of people owning the console don't give a rat's ass about it. Also, you have to realize that professional game critics are human beings with opinions too. The difference between you and them is that they need to look at a game objectively. They understand whether the developer did a bad job and if we should all be supporting them for their project. So that maybe they'll get off their asses and start making better games that will sell better because the people read that the game was actually worth something and has good quality.

Tell that to Nintendo who pours countless man hours into itx and devs who are there all the time and the whole shit ton of people always there. They are the ones buying the games while most on this site are lucky to buy 1 to 5 on the whole Wii U. Who do you think actually matters to Nintendo?

I literally used to use Miiverse for hundreds of hours, so here's what I'll tell you. Nintendo does not pour "countless hours" into Miiverse. A lot of the hardcore, devoted users of Miiverse will tell you this. They actively criticize the site for becoming less user friendly as time has gone by. The devs, if they even want to, will post here and there, but it's not like it's that big of a deal to them. Also, a majority of Miiverse users don't get anymore games than we do. They're normal people like us. Actually, most of them probably get less because the majority of Miiverse users, devoted or casual, are kids. They aren't adults that get to buy games out of their own income. Stop making over generalizations about a community that you seemingly know absolutely nothing about.

bet: lost

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
I heard that Devil's Third was actually decent. Have the people on this thread that claim it "sucks" even played the game? Or are they just jumping on the internet wagon?

I've played the first mission. Couldn't stand it any longer than that. The controls and framerate were making me want to put the disc in the microwave and max out the countdown.

in terms of single player he is obviously totally wrong, but there is a little bit of innovation in the mutiplayer at least in terms of style of combat

I haven't played it but I've seen a lot of gameplay on Youtube and it definitely doesn't look as bad as people make it out to be. It looks like it plays like an HD Dreamcast game and that's why the hate is so high. Again, I don't know, but if that's the case, then I don't agree with it. Games don't always have to innovate in order to be fun.

curl-6 said:
Ljink96 said:
I heard that Devil's Third was actually decent. Have the people on this thread that claim it "sucks" even played the game? Or are they just jumping on the internet wagon?

I've played the first mission. Couldn't stand it any longer than that. The controls and framerate were making me want to put the disc in the microwave and max out the countdown.

Fair enough. Your comment reminded me of Chadtronic's youtube video where he put Animal Crossing Amiibo festival in a blender and he put the casing in a press grill. XD I felt the same way about all the Sonic games my brother plays. The framerate sucks and it doesn't even play well!

Around the Network

Bitches will be chasing chickens in Call Of Duty next year. 'nuff said.

Dusk said:
how many of the people criticizing the game have actually played it?
I haven't, but I still plan to.
I have heard a lot of mixed stuff about it. Much seems dependant on what they want from it.
A few tech hiccups won't bother me for the most part, it's about fun for me.

90% of gamers criticizing Devils Third wont have played it. I personally own the game, I bought it for collection purposes (way to go me, I predicted this scenario), and I went into it with my eyes open because I knew it was not getting a favorable reception. After playing it, beating it and having extensive time with the online mode, I can conclude that Devils Third is not a good game.....however, neither is it a 2 or 3/10 game. Devils Third is a fun experience overall. With a mixed bag of a bonkers and over the top campaign, gratuitous violence, badass lead character, shitty framerates, graphics that are at times laughable and other times quite decent, surprisingly decent controls, hilarious humour (though much of it is unintentional), insane boss fights and fun online. Its like a melting pot filled with all things good and shitty in a video game. This is always a recipe for criticism, but there will always be daft people like myself and Spurgeonryan that will find entertainment from such an experience. At worst its a 5/10 game, I would score it 6.5. It was a fun distraction from much better games I have been playing and is now a nice rarity.

and the worst graphics this gen
its like a ps2 game

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

DOA??? lol, the breast physics must have been the innovation he was talking about.

DoA wasn't an ugly, broken mess.