By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Virginia School District closes over Islam worksheet

Would you get angry if your child received this?

Yes! It is making my child submit to Islam! 77 42.78%

No, it is simply teaching... 62 34.44%

Who cares? Honestly. No need to be butthurt. 41 22.78%

Total:180
JWeinCom said:
Zappykins said:
Many smallish communities do not like any different kind of thinking or any challenges to their assumption that 'everyone does things the way I do, cause that's all the people I know.'

I bet they would have an even bigger reaction if they taught about atheism. Over 15% of the world is atheist and extremely neglected in the political and cultural scenes.

I understand ignorance - not knowing about other ways people live because you haven't been exposed to it, is understandable. But the hostility and rage about other people believing something different is unreasonable.

And I agree, many Christans are trying to turn the USA into a Christian Nation and forget that's one of reasons for the revolution against England in 1776.

I honestly don't know how you can teach atheism. 

"Ok class, today we're going to learn about atheism.  Some people do not believe that any gods exist.  And ummmmmmm.... huh... I guess that's it..."

Perhaps talking about stereotypes, history of atheists, disadvantages atheists have, etc etc.

You can also talk about why they don't believe in god and whatnot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Egypt #1

Christian here. I wouldn't my children (if I have any someday) learning about it as long as it's taught from a neutral standpoint, which this appears to be.

deskpro2k3 said:

I love the Christian's reactions when I tell them that the Bible forces women to cover their hair, or else they should shave it off.

"But, it's from the New Testament!"

Yes, because apparently skipping half of the revelations in Christianity is not cherrypicking whatsoever, and still makes you a firm believer in Christianity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Forget it.

The PS5 Exists. 

There is nothing useful to learn about islam

PLAYSTATION®3

piratikkio said:
There is nothing useful to learn about islam

Then the world would have no;

Algebra, Algorithms, Coffee, Toothbrush, Hospitals, Medical Surgery, Optics, University, The crank etc.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
hershel_layton said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I love the Christian's reactions when I tell them that the Bible forces women to cover their hair, or else they should shave it off.

"But, it's from the New Testament!"

Yes, because apparently skipping half of the revelations in Christianity is not cherrypicking whatsoever, and still makes you a firm believer in Christianity.

You fail to realize basic concepts of christianty like the fullfillment of the old covenant law through Christ's redemption at the cross. Yet you choose to mock a religion that you are ignorant of.

Gourmet said:
I'm completely favorable to Islam being taught in schools. But if they show what it really is. Including sharia law, caliphates, etc.

The Holy Church prohibits it's members to take part in matters of state and is neutral to political parties. While muslisms are mostly favorable to sharia law and their religious leaders serve as rulers. You got that completely backwards mate, you should be the one studying Islam yourself.

You do know the Catholic Church IS still heavily embedded in many European countries and politics, do you?