By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your idea of a perfect game?

I became a litttle insterested just now in seeing what you guys think could make a perfect game.

Some may say that a perfect game can't exist, but then this is a thread to imagine something that may be impossible, to consider those flaws that normally prevent a game from ever being perfect and imagine them away by mentioning what the game should do to avoid them.

It is a chance for you guys to pour what elements / aspects would create the ultimate game FOR YOU.

Things you may want to consider (among whatever you may have in mind that doesn't occur to me at the moment):

1) Genre

2) Story or lack of it

3) Art style

4) Battle system or gameplay mechanics

5) Tone: serious, comical, informative, etc.

6) Platform of release (if you care)

7) Being developed by X dev team (as in to assure it's quality by the trust you personally have on them)

8) input device (classic controller, motion control, etc.)

9) Length

10) Type of ending (the manner you'd like the game to end in order for it all the be satisfying)

11) Type of protagonist

12) Type of antagonist

Those are the ones that come to mind right now. :P What do you guys say?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

There's no such thing as a perfect game because it would mean absolutely zero flaws. So, I guess my idea of one would be... a game without flaws lol

AlfredoTurkey said:
There's no such thing as a perfect game because it would mean absolutely zero flaws. So, I guess my idea of one would be... a game without flaws lol

Well, you could list what you consider flaws in a game and say what they should do, how the game should be, to avoid them. :P And then you kind of share what you like in your games with the community :P

Xenoblade Chronicles X with a deeper Frontier Nav system, stronger character development (hence, longer and more interesting and engaging story), an upgraded online component and, overall, better production values (the game is not pretty technically).

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

1. Genre: Platformer
2. Story: Bowser kidnaps Peach and travels across all dimensions to conquer all existing Universes. Each Universe can be it's own World - (Mario Bros. logic). With each level being a Galaxy, each star being a different solar system and the launch stars within the levels take you to different planets.
3. Art style: Outher Space with 4K resolution.
4. Gameplay Mechanics - Mario in 3D World + the Spin Attack.
5. Tone: comical and light hearted.
6. Platform of Release: NX or NX 2, (which ever one has 4K Development)
7. Studio/Development Team: Nintendo EPD (I would have said EAD Tokyo but they no longer exist.)
8. Controller: Motion Controller, just because of the first 2 games.
9. Just a little bit longer than the first 2 games.
10. All of existence is saved. The heroes explore around the Mushroom Kingdom during a party with elements, people, and set pieces of all the Universes they encountered on their journey celebrating together.
11. Mario, Luigi, and Rosalina.
12. Bowser, Bowser Jr., and the Koopalings.

Final Product: SUPER MARIO GALAXY 3

Around the Network

1) Genre - I mostly play shooters so I'll go with that. Maybe add in some horror elements or something like that?

2) Story or lack of it - I like a good story in my games. Don't really care what it's about as long as it's somewhat realistic and not too over the top. Example would be MGS. It has some odd stuff in it but its all explained to make sense in its universe.

3) Art style - realistic but it doesn't have to be perfect.

4) Battle system or gameplay mechanics - not sure here.

5) Tone: serious, comical, informative, etc. - more serious and informative. Can have some comical moments in it but overall more serious.

6) Platform of release (if you care) - well I play on PS and PC so those.

7) Being developed by X dev team - doesn't matter who makes it.

8) input device (classic controller, motion control, etc.) - classic controller. (unless motion controls some how amaze me in the near future)

9) Length - not too long but not too short. Max 30 hours. Min 10 hours.

10) Type of ending - doesn't matter. happy ending or something kinda like TLOU is ok with me as long as it is told well.

11) Type of protagonist - not sure

12) Type of antagonist - not sure

Genre - sandboxy PvP/RvRvR medieval fantasy MMORPG with engine able to handle massive (and I mean MASSIVE) battles and sieges. And of course, with Goblins. Lots of Goblins.

Story - The story in these, it's us! Friends, enemies, guilds, epic or ridiculous or fun fights and moments people tend to create much better than pre-arranged stories do.

Art Style - I'd mix Warhammer Online's with Revival, Age of Conan (fatalities! <3) and maybe a very light touch of WoW in some aspects, especially the beasty races I love(d...).  Another idea would be to make a crossover of The Journey + Ori and the Blind Forest ambients with some surrounding and characters of Gigantic!? Or maybe...No, wait, i better stop here :)

Combat - Warhammer Online meets Age of Conan meets GW2 meets WoW meets Camelot Unchained meets Gigantic, I'm really indecisive about top preference - in fact I'd surely enjoy a number of crossovers between these. Of course, building/housing and full destruction with physics and collision detection is a must.

Developer - Old Mythic with Mark Jacobs, the Warhammer team (but no EA please) or City State Entertainment or ArtCraft Entertainment.

While waiting for that perfect game to happen, I'll conclude with couple scenes from the best game ever made so far:

CU......or CF ?

Gunstar Heroes

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
BraLoD said:
It's easier if I make a refference: The Legend of Dragoon

Perfect game, already exists. Would love a prequel to it to explore the Dragon Campaign deeply.

Woah, I never saw that coming. :P

I know a lot of people would argue with me on this, but the game I always get reminded of when thinking about what a perfect game means to me is Skyward Sword, and that is because personally, one of the things I like the most about games is their ability to get you immersed in its world, characters, etc in a way that movies and such simply cannot mimic.

The level of immersion and pure fun I had with that game was the biggest I've ever had while playing a videogame, and to me that is because of how everything blended so well in that the music, artstyle, gameplay and story were simply so good for me to find any issues with it.

Most of the flaws people have with this game, like the motion controls and how the overworld was ''small and linear'' weren't a problem at all to me, and that's something that I can't say about, say, Twilight Princess, which I thought had an unnecessarily big map and felt like it was a good game but it was still missing something to make it special.

Sorry for only using Zelda as an example, but that's the franchise that gets the closest to being perfect imo, even if it has its flaws (Like any other series). Also, I hope you guys can understand what I tried to say, I'm not a native speaker so my english skills aren't the best =P