By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

lionpetercarmoo said:

The bolded is what I said. Now will you either continue from their or continue saying I don't see anything.

Yup, we're done here, you clearly aren't gonna show me any respect, so I won't give you any.  Goodbye.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Around the Network
JakDaSnack said:
lionpetercarmoo said:

The bolded is what I said. Now will you either continue from their or continue saying I don't see anything.

Yup, we're done here, you clearly aren't gonna show me any respect, so I won't give you any.  Goodbye.

BRUUUHHH buy a new computer or something because you obviously cannot see messages on this site. PEACE

JakDaSnack said:
DanneSandin said:

I'm not super sure that Horizon will take a major hit in sales; it all depends on how many Zelda fans is thinking about buying Horizon and how many hardcore gamers is thinking about getting a Switch. If hardcore gamers is super interested in the Switch, I can see Horizon taking a hit - but other than that, the release of the Switch and Zelda shouldn't effect Horizon all that much. But it's a good point. The question is if it's motsly Nintendo fans that gets their hands on the Switch first, or other gamers.

It's the only major game, besides Zelda, which I can think of right off the bat, that releases any time soon, so you have 50m people wanting to play something new by the time Horizon comes around, and not everyone of those 50m peoples will be getting a Switch day one. But yeah, I wouldn't be super surprised if Zelda sold more, not at all.

50m install base doesn't mean that 50m people are eagerly waiting to buy a new game lol.  Horizon looks great but it's a new IP, from a developer that has a history of not making great games.  What will determine the sales is likely the reviews, and if it has meh review, then chances are people will forget about it a week later when the game that everyone has been talking about since E3 of last year comes out.  The way I see it, 3 million is the ceiling for Horizon while 3 million is the floor for Zelda BOTW.  

I didn't make the argument that there were 50m people waiting to buy Horizon, I said that the install base, the POTENTIAL buyers, were 50m strong. Just take a look of Call of Duty: Ghosts, it launched in 2013 on PS3, XB360, PS4 and XB1: http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=call+of+duty%3A+ghost It sold the most on PS360 since those consoles install base were much higher, that's just how things work. That's why I said that this could be a close race between Zelda and Horizon; Zelda has the name going for it, it has a dedicated fan base, it will be launching as the killer app for a new console, while Horizon on the other hand has the bigger install base already set up; you don't need to get a new console just to buy this one game (which is the case for 50m people, they already own a PS4).

And you can't always rely on reviews. Just look at Titanfall 1 and 2; the sequel got the better reviews, but sold less than the first game. Or take Watch Dogs; the sequel once again got better reviews, but sold less than the first game. Thinking like that is like thinking BOTW will sell better than Uncharted 4 if it gets better reviews (UC4 has 93 on metacritic), and UC4 sold 10m+

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

JakDaSnack said:
Mummelmann said:
DanneSandin said:

I'm actually interested in both games, where the lure isn't the open world, but rather what you can do in said world.

I was counting both versions of Zelda in my prediction. But yeah, both games have things going for and against it. Zelda is established and beloved, but having a small install base to sell to, while Horizon is a new IP by a dev whom hasn't been selling gang busters (relativily speaking), but that has a large install base.

So looking back, I think I quoted the wrong comments between you too, both the one I just grabbed and the previous comment not listed above, referred to "review scores"  That's why I mentioned it in the first place.  So that ones on me, With the major hit because of release date I was referring to second week scores because I do think that many gamers are both interested in Horizon and Zelda.  But again the major hit is in reference to second week, not first.  So the hit will be significantly smaller than what you are probably thinking.  I had other reasons why I believe horizon will sell less but I guess I didn't put them in my initial comment, that was my bad lol.

As for the emotional thing, that was probably the wrong word to say.  But usually people don't give advice without asking first. 

Am I suppose to comment on this as well, or what? :P

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

daredevil.shark said:

Discuss. I know VGC has a lot of Nintendo and Sony enthusiasts. So keep this civil.

Could add this 

Around the Network
NUser said:

daredevil.shark said:

Discuss. I know VGC has a lot of Nintendo and Sony enthusiasts. So keep this civil.

Could add this 

Thanks.

I could be wrong I dunno, but I think there is a lot more Nintendo enthusiast critics out there, so I expect HZD to score less anyways.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
I could be wrong I dunno, but I think there is a lot more Nintendo enthusiast critics out there, so I expect HZD to score less anyways.

Well Zelda will very likely just compared to other zeldas. And then its better then skyward sword (i hope so) it will already get a higher score. Skyward Sword is 93 on metacritic.

Something like Witcher 3 is also 93 on metacritic but both games are definitly not equally good.

Horizon will very likely be compared to witcher 3 / Skyrim and if its not as good, it will score lower.

onionberry said:
zelda =coke
horzion = pepsi

Best one I've read so far! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

You know, I just watched that video from a few posts ago and I can't help it but appreciate Zelda more, not because I'm a fan, but because of the artistic value behind it compared to Horizon which is just so fucking generic looking. Don't get me wrong, I always thought Horizon is a nice looking game, but it's not exactly pushing any real envelopes other than piling on KZ tech over the years on a more powerful hardware, the presentation just has a lot less soul, IMO of course. Kojima's new game which is now using a very similar engine even looks way more unique than Horizon, I feel like GG needs to step out of their comfort zone with their art style to really WOW me, and I hope somebody at GG can read this, which obviously won't happen lol.