By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Developers are pushing the Wii U to its limits!

What will the developers do with a powerful device
Wow

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer said:
Drakrami said:

Fast Facing Neo could pass as a ps4 game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiqRE2E-ChM

I think, you meant ps3.

Maybe you should see what a ps4 game looks like before making silly comments like these. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHQFODsdGDU

After watching both videos, I didn't find Driveclub much more advanced visually. It's most impressive advantage is having much more foliage in the background (if you know how much power they can cost). However, the game couldn't hold a stable 30 fps if it's life depended on it, and the stuttering framerate is noticable througout almost the entire video, sometimes very strongly, too.

As a stuttering framerate is an absolute no-go for me in fast-paced games like racers, the visual prowess of Driveclub comes at way too much of a cost for me. If it had been slightly scaled down to Fast Racing Neo-like graphics it could have achieved a playable framerate, but as it stands it's just a slighly playable diashow slightly prettier than FRN.

driveclub is miles ahead of fast racing neo.

driveclub is a realistic 1080p racer with far draw distances, whereas fast racing neo is a 720p (while some things are rendered at a lower resolution) arcade racer. Driveclub is not "slightly" better than fast racing neo just because driveclub is at 30 fps and FRN is at 60 fps. Those 2 games are part of 2 different sub genres (realistic vs arcade) and typically, the realistic racer is more technically impressive

Meh! talk about graphics, seriously who cares

aesthetics > graphics

I mostly play pc, and a game with a boring color palette and generic art style will still look boring and bland at 1080p/1440p. The great thing about the vast, vast majority of Nintendo games is that they have wonderful aesthetics qualities, which is why they look fantastic. Obviously they are not as technically impressive as a ps4/xb1/pc game, but they still look great. Mario 2D World is beautiful, one of the nicest looking games I have ever played, all due to the wonderful art and aesthetics, same with many other Wii U games.

Hi

Around the Network

Someone does a thread about the way developers push the wiiu limits and people comes just to remember everyone that wiiu is weaker than the rest. Oh really? :O We had no clue!

Drakrami said:

Fast Facing Neo could pass as a ps4 game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiqRE2E-ChM

I think, you meant ps3.

Maybe you should see what a ps4 game looks like before making silly comments like these. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHQFODsdGDU

From Digital Foundry:

"With a resolution upgrade, it would look just as fresh on PS4 or Xbox One and holds up well despite running on less powerful hardware". That silly coment does not sound so silly now ;)

I don't know what it is, but there is somethingabout the way that Wii U graphics are rendered that makes them look gorgeous.bI think its this gloss effect on textures. Everthing look shiny and smooth, even though in practice it shouldnt be compared to other system. Theres the 60fps aswell. Wii U games aim for it while on other consoles they aim for 30fps.
There really is something to like on the Wii U. If only developers adopted the same standard for tge other systems. I really am sick of washed out 30fps games.

Goodnightmoon said:
Someone does a thread about the way developers push the wiiu limits and people comes just to remember everyone that wiiu is weaker than the rest. Oh really? :O We had no clue!

That's what happens when you compare wii u games to ps4 games through claims like "this could pass off as a ps4/xbone game." People disagree with that. More comparisons arise.

Had there been no mention of other consoles in the original topic, I doubt you would see people making these comparisons

Im in the middle of playing Bayonetta 2 and that game doesent look great. Thats PS360 graphics and has significant frame dips on top of that.

Nintendo games have a great visual style but the scale of their games is small. I wouldnt say Mario Kart is as impressive as Forza 4 for example. And Wii U lacks games as impressive as GTAV.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)