By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Developers are pushing the Wii U to its limits!

Yeah but Bloodborne and Driveclub look like something which would only run on 4 titans or some other high end pc. PS4 has a lot of horse power untouched, it has a lot more variety when it comes to graphical level. Every Platform has its high end looking games

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Yeah but Bloodborne and Driveclub look like something which would only run on 4 titans or some other high end pc. PS4 has a lot of horse power untouched, it has a lot more variety when it comes to graphical level

How is the PS4 at all related to this topic?

And lol at the 4 Titans part. 

Ruler said:
Yeah but Bloodborne and Driveclub look like something which would only run on 4 titans or some other high end pc.

If they ran at 4k/60fps maybe.

A single Titan has 2.5 times the power of PS4's GPU.

It is is hard to say really, it is possible but truthfully, a team's first effort with a device RARELY ever does push the system.

Xenoblade Chronicles X, seems like it could be but who knows if Monolith Soft had to do another game if they could get more out of it. It is also hard to judge any Nintendo system by their main internal studios as those teams rarely go out of their way to force their system and indie studios usually work on a smaller and tighter budget meaning they also aren't likely putting extreme tax on the system.

So what I am saying, similar to how we never got to see the full capability of the GC or even the original Xbox for the most part due to developer effort and focus on the top system, the PS2 which was weaker internally, I doubt we will ever see the full limits of the Wii U mainly because no one will put the effort into trying to reach them.

DannyDesario said:
Areym said:
"Now that we're in 2015, we're even starting to see games that could pass off as PS4/ Xbone games if there was a few minor improvements made."

Yeah, I beg to differ.

I'm shocked at how many people are saying PC games are asthetically boring and how many Nintendo Fanboys are on the site.  Those Xenoblade Texture pop ins and 90% terrible shorelines.  These games have no anti-aliasing, terrible jaggies and look not even half as good as Witcher 3, but "the only difference between PS4 and Wii U graphics are resolution".

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/mig/2/5/7/7/2042577-718939_20130611_021.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bu88o3X.jpg

JAGGIES

WOW, thats really bad!

A huge gap between these screen captures and Nintendo's bull shots of the game.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Ruler said:
Yeah but Bloodborne and Driveclub look like something which would only run on 4 titans or some other high end pc. PS4 has a lot of horse power untouched, it has a lot more variety when it comes to graphical level

How is the PS4 at all related to this topic?

And lol at the 4 Titans part. 

OP mentioned, made terrible comparisions. I was here to praise X but he went to hell in the first post. Sad.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

NoirSon said:
It is is hard to say really, it is possible but truthfully, a team's first effort with a device RARELY ever does push the system.

Xenoblade Chronicles X, seems like it could be but who knows if Monolith Soft had to do another game if they could get more out of it. It is also hard to judge any Nintendo system by their main internal studios as those teams rarely go out of their way to force their system and indie studios usually work on a smaller and tighter budget meaning they also aren't likely putting extreme tax on the system.

So what I am saying, similar to how we never got to see the full capability of the GC or even the original Xbox for the most part due to developer effort and focus on the top system, the PS2 which was weaker internally, I doubt we will ever see the full limits of the Wii U mainly because no one will put the effort into trying to reach them.

nintendo have a lot of devs that can or should push rthe system to the limits... it was sony first party not 3rd parties that pushed ps3 and is pushing ps4

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
NoirSon said:

nintendo have a lot of devs that can or should push rthe system to the limits... it was sony first party not 3rd parties that pushed ps3 and is pushing ps4

Exactly, they (Nintendo) should be the ones pushing the console to its limit. They are just too friggin inconsistent.

You have nice looking games like MK8, and then you have "Early Ps3" looking games like Star Fox, which sadly looks worse than some indie games like Fast Racing Neo.

Ive never seen a console so under utilized graphics wise like the Wii U. Obviously it is not a power house, but it can do much more than this.

When all is said and done with the Wii U next year or 2017, you will have enough fingers in one hand to count the GREAT looking games on the console.

AEGRO said:
DonFerrari said:
NoirSon said:

Exactly, they (Nintendo) should be the ones pushing the console to its limit. They are just too friggin inconsistent.

You have nice looking games like MK8, and then you have "Early Ps3" looking games like Star Fox, which sadly looks worse than some indie games like Fast Racing Neo.

Ive never seen a console so under utilized graphics wise like the Wii U. Obviously it is not a power house, but it can do much more than this.

When all is said and done with the Wii U next year or 2017, you will have enough fingers in one hand to count the GREAT looking games on the console.

On the inconsistency part, not all Sony studios pushed or even had great graphics, there were lesser titles. But I doubt Sony wouldn't push hard if they were Starfox owner

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."