By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Can Star Wars The Force Awakens beat Jurrasic Worlds 2015 box office total?

The ?

Yes 241 83.10%

I am a Trekker, I hope not 5 1.72%

no 29 10.00%

other post below 1 0.34%

see results 14 4.83%

Total:290

I think the one thing that's going for Star Wars TFA is the elder demographics. Not many films have that.

Around the Network

It definitely will unless the movie is a complete clusterfuck. The hype is insane for this one.

in US yes it will beat JW.. but world wide i dont think so.. the thing is when 1 st Jurassic world came out, kids from that time are adults or teenagers now so nostalgia factor kicks in.. same thing applies to Phantom Menance when it came out kids from that time were adults so the kids who have grown up watching the prequels i don't think would be that impressed by the saga or to put it in right words they will be confused. I could give u an example of where i live, India. here people will talk about avengers, xmen, spiderman is huge, along with Dinosaurs haven't heard any one talking about starwars. Final thought i think the reason JW did well was nostalgia and dinosaurs, its easy for kids to understand about dinosaurs rather than Jedi and light sabers. Its all about generation gap

Didn't know that star wars was weak internationally but here I have never seen such hype for a movie even for Avatar. If the movie is good I think it can even overtake Titanic and Avatar.

taus90 said:
in US yes it will beat JW.. but world wide i dont think so.. the thing is when 1 st Jurassic world came out, kids from that time are adults or teenagers now so nostalgia factor kicks in.. same thing applies to Phantom Menance when it came out kids from that time were adults so the kids who have grown up watching the prequels i don't think would be that impressed by the saga or to put it in right words they will be confused. I could give u an example of where i live, India. here people will talk about avengers, xmen, spiderman is huge, along with Dinosaurs haven't heard any one talking about starwars. Final thought i think the reason JW did well was nostalgia and dinosaurs, its easy for kids to understand about dinosaurs rather than Jedi and light sabers. Its all about generation gap

I will very curious how it does in certain markets, in particular China with how it has grown this past decade.

Around the Network
Augen said:
taus90 said:

I will very curious how it does in certain markets, in particular China with how it has grown this past decade.

I think SW is a big franchise in east Asia, especially Japan, i m not from that part of asia so i am just assuming that it might do well in China as well

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4131&p=.htm

Of course it will.

Yes, of course it will!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I've just got back from it today and the cinema was packed out. People were talking about watching it again. My wife abs her sisters who don't usually go cinemas are all going tomorrow. A whole bunch of imams from mosque had turned up to watch it.

This is a movie that appeals to those who went to watch the originals when they released, those who watched the originals in the 80 and 90's, those who watched the prequels and those who are growing up new to it now.

It will be interesting to see first week figures and how they compare but I wouldn't be surprised when all is said and done if SW7 brings in $2billion +.