By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December NPD 2015 predictions thread

Why is everybody predicting that WiiU will be down from the last year? It was at 245k on November, exactly the same as the last year, but this time wiiu didnt had Smash Bros, and still got those numbers anyways. This december Xenoblade Chronicles X was released, last year was Captain Toad, and while both will have probably similar sales at the end of their lifes, XCX will sell systems, Captain Toad didn't. So it looks like WiiU would be at least the same as the last year, close to 600k.

Around the Network

PlayStation 4: 1.7 million

Xbox One: 1.5 million

Here's why: as someone correctly pointed, the US$ 299 price for both consoles will be here for more days, so I believe that will have a big impact on sales numbers for the month. Another reason: the people who buy Christmas gifts at the last hour. It was predictable that US$ 299 would be back for December, so I think that there are some people waiting until the end of the month.

PS4: A
X1 : LOT

PS4-1.65 million
XB1- 1.40 million
WiiU- 520k
3DS-700k

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ps4 will win again

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

I can see PS4 doing 1.5 I think that is a reasonable guess.

Wouldn't surprise me if its similar to Nov.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

[PS4] 1650k
[XB1] 1350k
[WIU] 510k

The PS5 Exists. 

PS4: 1,800,000
X1: 1.400,000
WiiU: 550,000

one thing is certain, aint no gap closing!

Goodnightmoon said:

Why is everybody predicting that WiiU will be down from the last year? It was at 245k on November, exactly the same as the last year, but this time wiiu didnt had Smash Bros, and still got those numbers anyways. This december Xenoblade Chronicles X was released, last year was Captain Toad, and while both will have probably similar sales at the end of their lifes, XCX will sell systems, Captain Toad didn't. So it looks like WiiU would be at least the same as the last year, close to 600k.

Nintendo had a lot more than smash leading into the holidays last year. There was hyrule warriors, captain toad, and bayonetta 2 as well. Not only is xenoblade x a far weaker franchise than smash bros, it's working alone with the last major title having been super mario maker back in early September. The bigger question is why would it be up. Xeno x wont be as big as smash and the ps4 and Xbox one are considerably stronger than last year