By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2015 NPD Thread! Hardware and software in OP!

I'm still sticking with my 300k - 350k advantage for the PS4.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
uran10 said:

Why the hell do u want it to bomb!?

I really hate Level 5 as a developer so my biggest dream is to see all of their games bombing hard, I find them to be uncreative most of times and they milk IPs so badly that after 3 years or so nobody remembers about them...

I thought I heard it all.

Protendo said:
Luke888 said:

I really hate Level 5 as a developer so my biggest dream is to see all of their games bombing hard, I find them to be uncreative most of times and they milk IPs so badly that after 3 years or so nobody remembers about them...

Level 5 is one of my favorite developers. I hope for a success!

And "Ni No Kuni 2" is coming for PS4 <3 Cant wait.

I hope: PS4 more than 1 million. that is then incridble and good for all the jrpgs in the future in usa ala Persona 5, Ni No Kuni 2, Star Ocean 5, Dragon Quest 11 ect ! but one is sure: PS4 and xbox1 are very strong in the usa last month : )

Tagging this for chuckles later.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

This months NPD is an interesting one. This marks the second holiday (excluding launch) for Sony's PlayStation 4 and Microsoft's Xbox One and this is traditionally when the consoles have their highest selling holiday periods. Of course there are exceptions to that as evidenced with both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 last generation due to the 'Move' and 'Kinect' launches.

That being said, I'm not entirely sure if this month will show the big jump in sales that many in this thread are expecting. Last year the Xbox One ran a $349 promotional campaign from the beginning of November through to the end of the year and during Black Friday there were deals as low as $329. The lower price as well as in demand software such as Halo MCC drove demand for the Xbox One and helped Microsoft achieve higher sales than the PlayStation 4 during the month.

This year there was no big incentive to purchase an Xbox One at the beginning of November and sales for October showed that Halo 5 didn't do much to push hardware sales. The only big incentive this month for Xbox came during Black Friday week when Microsoft offered $50 off on their holiday bundles. It's clear that Microsoft will have another successful November but I'm not sure if they can replicate the success of last year, even if Black Friday sales were up year on year.

Sony's PlayStation 4 was outmanoeuvred last year by the Xbox One's strong brand, marketing and price. This year they made sure to match in all 3 and just like Microsoft last year they dropped the price of the console just before November. This didn't make too much of an impact during October however I believe that the additional $50 off promotion during Black Friday will have allowed the PS4 to exceed its November total from last year and I believe the additional software bundles and marketing will help solidify the PlayStation 4's place as the number one selling console this month.

When it comes to actual totals there are plenty of signs that show that total sell through via retail channels may not have been that strong and so in that case I'm willing to bet that the PS4, whilst being up year on year, will fail to match Xbox One's total from last November. I also see plenty of signs that the Xbox One will not match that total either.

NPD Hardware predictions-

PS4 - 1.15m
XB1 - 1.05m

But hey, I can be wrong.

Around the Network
Protendo said:
Luke888 said:

Level 5 is one of my favorite developers. I hope for a success!

I like level-5, but i hope it's a flop. Because i want them to developp more new games like nino 2, layton, dark chronicles, etc instead of milking a franchiise like this one.

ZhugeEX said:

This months NPD is an interesting one. This marks the second holiday (excluding launch) for Sony's PlayStation 4 and Microsoft's Xbox One and this is traditionally when the consoles have their highest selling holiday periods. Of course there are exceptions to that as evidenced with both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 last generation due to the 'Move' and 'Kinect' launches.

That being said, I'm not entirely sure if this month will show the big jump in sales that many in this thread are expecting. Last year the Xbox One ran a $349 promotional campaign from the beginning of November through to the end of the year and during Black Friday there were deals as low as $329. The lower price as well as in demand software such as Halo MCC drove demand for the Xbox One and helped Microsoft achieve higher sales than the PlayStation 4 during the month.

This year there was no big incentive to purchase an Xbox One at the beginning of November and sales for October showed that Halo 5 didn't do much to push hardware sales. The only big incentive this month for Xbox came during Black Friday week when Microsoft offered $50 off on their holiday bundles. It's clear that Microsoft will have another successful November but I'm not sure if they can replicate the success of last year, even if Black Friday sales were up year on year.

Sony's PlayStation 4 was outmanoeuvred last year by the Xbox One's strong brand, marketing and price. This year they made sure to match in all 3 and just like Microsoft last year they dropped the price of the console just before November. This didn't make too much of an impact during October however I believe that the additional $50 off promotion during Black Friday will have allowed the PS4 to exceed its November total from last year and I believe the additional software bundles and marketing will help solidify the PlayStation 4's place as the number one selling console this month.

When it comes to actual totals there are plenty of signs that show that total sell through via retail channels may not have been that strong and so in that case I'm willing to bet that the PS4, whilst being up year on year, will fail to match Xbox One's total from last November. I also see plenty of signs that the Xbox One will not match that total either.

NPD Hardware predictions-

PS4 - 1.15m
XB1 - 1.05m

But hey, I can be wrong.

PS4 is for sure significantly up YoY. Xb one almost certainly down, but whther by a big amount or a small amount is hard to say. Assuming a slim and proper $299 price for PS4 in 2016, I think holiday 2016 should be the biggest holiday period for PS4. I suspect Xb one will get a slim too, and possibly be $250, permanently, late next year.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

If PS4 doesn't win I wonder what insane thing I'll say I'll do that I won't do..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

tagged

Could be slightly entertaining.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

ArchangelMadzz said:
If PS4 doesn't win I wonder what insane thing I'll say I'll do that I won't do..

Well you could always say you'll stop saying insane things that you would do that you end up not doing?

Tagged!!!