By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Sony Thinks PS4 Is a Massive Success

It's a complete package that offers exactly what you want. No strange controller or bundled in camera.

Around the Network

It's not all that shit. It's simply about price.

Sony was their own worst enemy last gen. They changed management, put Cerny in charge of the architecture, and are now doing well as a result. Learning from their previous mistakes, and adapting to the competitors strategies worked.

People remembered that this Station is the place to Play.

Great article

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

Simpler answer.

Poor marketing and PR decisions by competitors, stronger brand worldwide, and the lower price point at launch. Relatively speaking, the PS4 is one of the least exceptional consoles ever made. That's not a bad thing in this case though.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

The real reason PS4 is selling better than Xbox One is because it's was cheaper and they didn't try to pull that scheme with always online for which gaming media destroyed Microsoft in the coverage.

But in all honesty I'm glad Sony is destroying the competition because it brought once again japanese gaming on home console.

Regardless of MS decisions at the start at this Gen,Sony would of still beaten it.The only thing that killed the ps3 was the price nothing else.

They made the PS4 the anti-PS3 learning from mistakes. A solid PlayStation console at reasonable prices will be successful thanks to global appeal and third party support.

Sony really profited from the mistakes of their competitors. Don Mattrick simply killed every momentum the Xbox had at the time completely. Microsoft now has to slowly gain back trust from gamers, a process that can easily take a decade or more. Nintendo came with a way to gadgy console that was and is also too expensive. It simply doesn't compete so much with PS4 and X1 as it does with PS3 and Xbox 360. Those consoles are considerably cheaper than the Wii U while also having one behemoth of a library of which most games are available dirt cheap by now.

Sony simply didn't make major mistakes this time. In fact, their competitors messed up so badly that they could implement a paywall for online multiplayer and nobody was even giving a shit about it anymore. Combine that with the most powerful hardware and you have yourself a winner.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.