By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PC Platform is becoming the new home and definitive platform for the Final Fantasy Series (Prediction and Discussion Thread)

What Final Fantasy game are you hoping will be released on PC/Steam next the most??

Final Fantasy I 9 7.26%

Final Fantasy II 1 0.81%

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster 22 17.74%

Final Fantasy IX 12 9.68%

Final Fantasy XII 23 18.55%

Final Fantasy XV (per announcement) 44 35.48%

Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions 13 10.48%

Total:124

Pretty sure X was leaked on a Steam Update or something, so that's next I guess.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network

Currently playing FFXII on emulator; works like a charm with the 360 controller!

Seems to me like its just the home of a handful or two of ports.

When/if FF7R and FFXV are announced for PC and to be released the same time as its console variants, then we will see

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

BasilZero said:
b00moscone said:
Seems to me like its just the home of a handful or two of ports.

When/if FF7R and FFXV are announced for PC and to be released the same time as its console variants, then we will see

"Same time" - release time doesnt matter - its all about availability especially since we have timed console release deals like Final Fantasy VII Remake for an example.

My point still stand though. Fact is, none of the major FF games, be it the next installment or the remake, have been anounced for PC, and that means that the PC is not the definitive platform....yet.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Boutros said:
If you don't mind waiting 5 years.

XIV was side by side and chances are XV will as well. TImed exclusive may mean FF VII remaster may show up a year late, but for a superior version no one will likely care.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Azuren said:
Vita is a pretty good way to get them, too. I've got Final Fantasy 1-10 on mine, plus After Years, War of the Lions, Tactics PSX (I know, same thing), Dissidia, Duodecim, and X-2.

Duodecim/Dissidia is awesome! Too bad we wont ever see a port of it again unless SE decides to do a port or a HD Remaster.

Oh well at least we'll be getting Dissidia reboot (or is it a sequel)? Cant wait to get that :D

Also hoping for War of the Lions to come out on PC in the future - although I finished Tactics on PS1 again about two years ago - I wouldnt mind playing it for the third time but the remake/enhanced port rather than the original!

Also agreed with the topic to stay on track/subject matter!

Well, considering the WotL's status as a PSP game it shouldn't be too difficult to emulate until it comes out officially. Heck, you could even just download it for your phone. 

And I think it's more of a compilation-type thing. Less of a story and more Smashbros-y in the sense that is just fun. Still looking forward to it and to XV, VII:R, KH2.8, and KH3. Oh, and Cloud in Smash, but that goes without saying. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

padib said:
Mummelmann said:
Currently playing FFXII on emulator; works like a charm with the 360 controller!

I love MS support for the 360 controller on PC. I remember the dongle I used back when my roomie had a 360. Not to mention that it's a really good controller.

I should do that. Is it faster on PC than on PS2, load times and all?

Quite a bit faster, and I haven't had a single freeze or frame rate issue over an 8 hour marathon. Plus; it looks a lot better and smoother as well, I'm gonna try the SweetFX Filter as well since I have the hardware to run it really well.

I also got Colin Mcrae Rally 4, plays really well with the 360 controller. The 360 support in windows is fantastic, I feel like an idiot having refused to use it through the years since I always believed that controllers don't belong on PC, not I play lots of games with it, with better performance than on PS4 and One as well as a bonus.

The 360 controller really is something, I never owned a 360 but always liked the controller (the One controller is awkward and unwieldly though).

Does anyone know why FFXI is region specific?

BasilZero said:

Final Fantasy IX is coming to PC :D

Greatness and b/c awaits.

PC is like:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

BasilZero said:
Munchies said:
Does anyone know why FFXI is region specific?

Possibly because there are specific servers for FFXI in each region (i.e. there's a North American server, European, Asian, etc).

That sucks. South Americans like me are simply unable to purchase it.