By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PC Platform is becoming the new home and definitive platform for the Final Fantasy Series (Prediction and Discussion Thread)

What Final Fantasy game are you hoping will be released on PC/Steam next the most??

Final Fantasy I 9 7.26%

Final Fantasy II 1 0.81%

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster 22 17.74%

Final Fantasy IX 12 9.68%

Final Fantasy XII 23 18.55%

Final Fantasy XV (per announcement) 44 35.48%

Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions 13 10.48%

Total:124

playstation 4 is and will always be the definitive plattform for final fantasy and kingdom hearts

Around the Network
DakonBlackblade said:

Every other thread is a PC x consoles thread in disguise and the thread that isnt is a XBox One x PS4 or a Nintendo x everyone thread in disguise.

How so?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

JNK said:
playstation 4 is and will always be the definitive plattform for final fantasy and kingdom hearts

Just like all the other titles PC has like Fallout, Witcher, XCOM.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

JNK said:

PS4 is the definitive kingdom hearts platform... with no Kingdom Hearts games at all (so far)?

I noticed that the other day!

I wonder how well they all work? and why 8 but not 9 (8 is just plain bad... 9 was pretty neat back in the days, but it never caught me with its story like 7, which I am replaying on the PS4 and loving how they did this port with the 3X speed and all... and I did not remember how nice the story was, as well as their implementation of conversation branches! I especially love how games used to hide interesting upgrades all over the place, sure you need a guide to get everything, but this is still much more interesting than buying those extra materias/weapons/armors... and buying the sidequests!)

I wonder if I will have the time to 100% it like I did when I was in college :-/ not sure with a kid + a kid on the way...

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
OneKartVita said:

However the fact is console gamers are not shy about buying at full price so naturally they get a lot of games first. And publishers like rockstar would be crazy to release the pc version in the first two years.

Well I guess Rockstar is pretty crazy considering they released GTAIII, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas in one year after console release and GTAV recently less than 2 years :P

Edit: Oh and GTAIV PC was released in the same year as the console versions too.

They would also be pretty crazy not to have released GTAV at all like most people predicted after no news/announcements for a year especially considering the fact that the PC version sold over 3 mil so far (on top of being bundled for $79.99 and more during Steam sales times).

JNK said:

So far PC has more Final Fantasy games than the PS4 so...I wouldnt honestly put the PS4 in this argument l0l. PSVita is more ideal than the PS4 when it comes to FF games followed by PS3 and the PSP.

Kingdom Hearts - I agree with you there but that is mainly cause of licensing issues with Disney - they are against having digital copies of their games hence why no platform Nintendo nor Sony have any Kingdom Hearts titles on PSN or VC.

People also predicted it wouldn't come out for ps4/X1 either so dont mind what people think :P

Seriously though they would have been mad to release gta 5 for pc sooner.  

Likewise they would have been mad to release it on ps4/X1 sooner.  The amount of people who double dipped on next gen consoles was insane and they delayed the pc version long enough so people triple dipped.  This just proves they do it for this reason.  Plus they don't want the game being pirated on pc for at least a while. 

Vita is a pretty good way to get them, too. I've got Final Fantasy 1-10 on mine, plus After Years, War of the Lions, Tactics PSX (I know, same thing), Dissidia, Duodecim, and X-2.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I'd also like to recommend this thread stay on track? PC vs Console debates (especially ones involving games that aren't Final Fantasy) will just get this locked.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Chazore said:
DakonBlackblade said:

Every other thread is a PC x consoles thread in disguise and the thread that isnt is a XBox One x PS4 or a Nintendo x everyone thread in disguise.

How so?.

Do you even have to ask, the dude uses FF to say PC is better than consoles than ppl starts coming in and saying consoles have some advantages and voila the thread sudenly isnt about Final Fantasy at all, FF was just a pretext so ppl could have a good old plataform war (altough I got admit ppl are being very civilized in this thread, generaly by page 13 of a thread like this everyone si on each others throat already).

BasilZero said:
DakonBlackblade said:

Do you even have to ask, the dude uses FF to say PC is better than consoles than ppl starts coming in and saying consoles have some advantages and voila the thread sudenly isnt about Final Fantasy at all, FF was just a pretext so ppl could have a good old plataform war (altough I got admit ppl are being very civilized in this thread, generaly by page 13 of a thread like this everyone si on each others throat already).

Thats because unlike other thread makers - I dont make my threads to instigate flame wars. I create them to create discussions.

I'm a Playstation gamer, a Nintendo gamer, a iOS gamer and a PC gamer who equally likes all platforms so maybe thats why too ;p

Its hardly ever the threadmakers goal to incite flamewars, but since anyone can comment on any given thread, flame wars happen anyway. But I guess the fact that you always answer ppl politly goes a long way to keep things under controll.