By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What the hell is going on with the 8th gen?

Mystro-Sama said:

First we have dlc and season passes announced before the game even comes out. Then we have full $60 multiplayer only games with barebones cotent.

And now we have games split into episodes as if its some fucking tv series. And we have we out here defending this garbage? EPISODES!? When has this practise become acceptable? I think this generation might turn out to be the worst by a massive margin. I can't even imagine where gaming will be at the end of it. Hell, there might just be another crash.

How do you feel about FF VII:R being episodic?

Games cost way more to produce now than they used to, I am not going to defend every action of developers/publishers but for the most part people with your attitude are to entitled. Gaming is not as profitable as it once was so devs have to do things to get more money. Without money than we would not get the games we want. 8th gen has started WAAAAAAAAAAY better than last gen for every platform imo

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
CladInShadows said:

Is FFVII:R actually going to be episodic, though? The only thing I've read on it is that they feel it will be to big to be only one game, so they will have multiple parts. The media is the only ones using the word "episodic". Three full length games (if that's what it ends up being) does not constitute "episodic", for example.

Square is calling the games as "episodes", that's why people are calling it "episodic".

Do you have a link?

BraLoD said:
CladInShadows said:

Do you have a link?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7652688

Nomura: If we tried to stuff the whole game into one release, some part of the game would have to appear as digests. We'd have to remove some contents from the game, and it would be difficult to add more to the game. Considering that a full remake of the original game must be achived, we have decided to split the game into episodes.

Well I'll be damned.  Thanks BraLoD.

That being said, there's still a difference between releasing 2-5 hours of gameplay every couple months, and releasing 2-3 parts of a much bigger game.  I'm hoping for the latter.

I don't like it. As it sinks in, I realize there is very little chance I will be buying the FFVII remake. Hitman is one of my absolute favorite series, and I don't like that the new Hitman game is being rollled out digitally, in a piecemeal fashion. At all. But at least there will be a complete version, with a proper physical release a few months down the road.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

It's seems to be a generation where console manufacturers and publishers try to milk fans of cash in different ways, more aggressively than before. And it also seem to be the generation of stupid responses from developers :).

Around the Network

I suppose one upside of ffviir being episodic is that episode one might release a lot sooner than if SE was going to release the full game in one hit. But if you end up paying $120 for what was once the equivalent of a $60 game then it is mostly a cash grab not a favour to gamers.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Mystro-Sama said:

First we have dlc and season passes announced before the game even comes out. Then we have full $60 multiplayer only games with barebones cotent.

"Star Wars Battlefront - sold 4,658,169 units first week worldwide at retail"

If you wanna blame someone blame us the gamers, not the developers...

Add in there $13 paywall.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mystro-Sama said:

How do you feel about FF VII:R being episodic?

After seeing the trailer I lost the already very little interest I had, episodic or not it just looks terrible to me.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

People need to stop this fucking sharade and remember that the original was episodic as well, only that you got all 3 episodes at once.

"Oh no now we have to wait a year between the episodes after the first comes out" You waited 20 fucking years for the remakes you dick.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.