By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending December 5 2015

Kresnik said:

binary solo said:

Not great numbers for XCX. 

p>

Except those games aren't big holiday titles. Xenoblade is Nintendos big title for the holiday and is being marketed a lot more than those games. And PS4 owners have a lot more games to buy than Wii U owners.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:

Except those games aren't big holiday titles. Xenoblade is Nintendos big title for the holiday and is being marketed a lot more than those games. And PS4 owners have a lot more games to buy than Wii U owners.

I feel this is as much "Nintendo's big holiday title" as Youkai Watch Just Dance is their big holiday title in Japan.  It's obvious Splatoon/Super Mario Maker are going to do the heavy lifting over the holidays.

And advertising doesn't change the fact that it's part of a genre that's getting nicher in the west as well as being a sequel to a game which didn't sell all that well here in the first place.  There's a limit for how high something can be pushed.

Meh first week for Just Cause 3...

UCC UK sales according to my estimations is probably at around ~200K~230K

Until Dawn holding strong!!!

Awesome, sleeper hit indeed

Around the Network

Rainbow Six: Siege didn't even sell 76k, ouch
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188242697&postcount=318

Crazy seeing NDC above Halo 5.

Kresnik said:

binary solo said:

Not great numbers for XCX. 

p>

No no no, friend. Nintendo UK said that Xeno X was the only "proper" JRPG comparable to Fallout. I hear "the most impressive open-world this year". On the French web, I hear every single day people telling me that Zesty is a shame and that Xeno X is a definite masterpiece. So it should sell accordingly. If it doesn't, it means it's just your average JRPG.

As a sidenote, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam bombed even harder (not even charting). Mario has become irrelevant in the UK. 

Seriously, UK can't be used as a worldwide reference for Nintendo titles, and you know it. Nintendo software and hardware this gen have sold painfully bad in the UK. XCX sold the double than XC in the first week. That's a fact and we have to wait and see if it bombed in the rest of the world. Thinking XCX was going to be the big Nintendo holiday title is delusional.

And where in the name of God did you see that XCX was marketed properly? It has nearly zero advertising, while I can see Splatoon and MK ads on the TV. 

binary solo said:
bananaking21 said:
Wii U exclusive ‘Xenoblade Chronicles X’ debuts at No28 with sales up 73% on the launch week of the original Xenoblade Chronicles, which released on the Wii in 2011.

chart says splatoon is 28 while xenoblade is 34. something is wrong.

28 is combined formats, 34 is individual formats. Not great numbers for XCX. But what does this tell people that it debuted higher than Wii with a tiny fraction of the Wii install base? What it tells us is that install base doesn't always matter.

Hasn't Mario kart 8 already proved that? :P:P:P:P:P:P;P