By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake's latest staff interviews (contains some info on multi-release plan and changes in the game)

Tagged games:

So are you getting Final Fantasy VII Remake?

Day 1 All Episodes 27 32.93%

Will wait for Complete Collection 51 62.20%

Never planned to get it 4 4.88%

Total:82
Wagram said:
The explanation as to why it's in episodic format is reasonable. I'll probably hold out until it's finished though, see you guys in 2025.

This pretty much summed up my thoughts. It doesn't sound that bad, but it also sounds like it's gonna take immensely long time. This is a huge task, no wonder really that they waited so long with doing this.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Halazar said:
So I'm not quite getting it. They are breaking the game up into multiple episodes, but are these individual episodes going to feel like a full-fledged game? It doesn't make sense to say they had to do this or else they were going to have to cut stuff out of the game and then have each episode come out and be just a few hours long. Will the total length of all episodes still come out to about the same length as the original? Or are we talking about splitting the story of FF VII up into multiple 40+ hour RPGs? I can see there being issues either way.

Sounds like they are trying to split up into 40+ hour RPGs but I dont think its gonna be exactly 40 hours.

The fact that they said there are places in Midgar you couldnt travel/explore into before but now can also proves that point. Seems like there's gonna be a lot of exploration and free roaming which may take time to complete.

I have a strong feeling that they will use the expanded town areas and the like as an excuse to cut out the world map. Like I said in one of the other threads, nowhere has it been indicated what the intended length of each episode will be, and I've also explained that file size does not correspond with length of content. It is far more likely that each episode will net about 10 - 15 hours of content.

I think each episode is going to be a "disc" like in the original...

If they release portions on a streamed way it's okay... this way they can use the full team for a longer time cycling on the parts. But it certainly is a way to monetize... just hope they don't overcharge on it, but anyway I'll wait for a compilation.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Oh god, it's like all these teen movies being cut into two halves, because one film 'just couldn't contain all the plotpoints of the books' and then you get two insanely padded, boring movies. But hey, it rakes the cash in right?

I see seven ground zeroes sized, full price releases personally....ok, I'm being overly sarcastic, but it does sound as if they are splitting the game into multiple full price releases. It might be necessary to cover the costs, but it still reeks of cash grab to me somehow.

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
I think each episode is going to be a "disc" like in the original...

At least for areas and history involved that is a reasonable expectation.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

And the funniest part is that Squaresoft was the company that shafted N64 because the lack of CDs couldn't contain the full experience and grandness of the game... and now they complain the game is too big to be make =]

They totally killed my hope for a FF IX... would love to see it remade.

So the episodic format can actually be pretty cool, just not what people expected or necessarily wanted.

I think providing room to really expand upon the narrative explore places like Midgar in way the structure of the previous game simply didn't allow will really seperate this from a tradional remake and give it more value IMO. Of course if they could fit all of that into one game then cool, but i personally don't think we'd see it finished before 2020 if they took that approach.

I hope each part of the experience is at least 25hrs of core narrative. 40+ hours with sidequests and what not. My only other things is that they must not go beyond a Trilogy. They still shouldn't keep everything in the game, but that parts that they do keep, they should go above and beyond when bringing it to life.

part 1-Fall 2017
part- Spring 2019
part 3-Fall 2020

The multi release is not really surprising me, ff 7 it's a huge game, and remake the game means a big effort and many time. So making more parts an not waiting years like at ff xv, is not so bad. That they are making more money with this is naturally another point...for the gamers it means paying more times...

If this is like FFXIII, then that would mean each episode is a full retail priced game :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]