By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake's latest staff interviews (contains some info on multi-release plan and changes in the game)

Tagged games:

So are you getting Final Fantasy VII Remake?

Day 1 All Episodes 27 32.93%

Will wait for Complete Collection 51 62.20%

Never planned to get it 4 4.88%

Total:82

This is what I will do..

I will still buy the game day 1, and then the episodes as they come, but I will hold-out from playing FF7R until I have all the episodes.

(i might change my mind tho)

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I will buy it day one and play it right away because they already said each part  will have the volume of content equal to a full-sized game. My fear is that they will start to put so much new stuff in the game just to make more parts, that would suck.

2 parts would be ideal , disc 1 and disc 2/3

My guess is that each episode will have a part of the world map and its like ff 15, or they will make it like ff14 with 5 or 6 portions of the world map.

World map is HUGE, now thinking about this, this would take like 6 years  to make if it would be one game.

this could quite possibly be the greatest game ever made...again.

So, final Fantasy 7: episode 1 will be on the ps4, episode 2 will be on the ps5, episode 3 will be on the ps6. I'll just wait and get the complete edition on the ps7, when they combine all the episodes in a remaster.

In Final Fantasy standards, each episode will be the size of a full game. Think about that.

DonFerrari said:
And the funniest part is that Squaresoft was the company that shafted N64 because the lack of CDs couldn't contain the full experience and grandness of the game... and now they complain the game is too big to be make =]

They totally killed my hope for a FF IX... would love to see it remade.

Screw that! I am waiting for my FFVIIIR! The greatest love story ever told, now in HD!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
AsGryffynn said:

Screw that! I am waiting for my FFVIIIR! The greatest love story ever told, now in HD!

Sephiroth X Cloud amirite!?

Or is it Cloud X Barret ;O!

Or....Cloud X Don Corneo ;o......weirdos.

Good thing you aren't here, I am cringing so fucking much over here...

But seriously, am I the only one who preferred FFVIII to FFVII?

AsGryffynn said:
DonFerrari said:
And the funniest part is that Squaresoft was the company that shafted N64 because the lack of CDs couldn't contain the full experience and grandness of the game... and now they complain the game is too big to be make =]

They totally killed my hope for a FF IX... would love to see it remade.

I love the interaction betwen zidane and garnet/dagger/whatever her original name. Haven't played 7 e 8 so I dunno how their greatness compare. But for me 9 is perfect.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I was thinking, surly these split releases are going to be on disc right? Surly they'll be far too big for digital release. I'm expecting each one to have a gameplay time of 50 hours each, that's including all side quests and all exploration of the available map to explore.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

BasilZero said:
StokedUp said:
I was thinking, surly these split releases are going to be on disc right? Surly they'll be far too big for digital release. I'm expecting each one to have a gameplay time of 50 hours each, that's including all side quests and all exploration of the available map to explore.

I have a bad feeling there's gonna be a lot of side quests - way too many , more than there should be :X.

Not sure if I'll like that.

I hope they don't do loads of pointless Sidequests, like go fetch this nameless old women some shopping then it's finished. I'd prefer and I think everybody else would, if they focused on just several long Sidequests that feel enjoyable and feel like they actually had a purpose.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

DonFerrari said:
AsGryffynn said:

I love the interaction betwen zidane and garnet/dagger/whatever her original name. Haven't played 7 e 8 so I dunno how their greatness compare. But for me 9 is perfect.

PSN>Final Fantasy VIII>Purchase button...