By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake is episodic

This effing move somehow made me wanna wait on this till its on a sale. . . . still gonna wait on how they plan on executing this episodic bs.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

I don't think an episodic release format works for this type of game. For stuff like TWD or Life is Strange, yeah, but a JRPG? Seems like a really poor decision to me.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

As long as this shit dont cost me more than &60 for all episodes, then i am ok with this. Have a hard time finding the time to complete most RPG from start to finish anyway.

Stop ppl, nobody said its episodic, everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions. Theres always misinformation on stuf translated from Japanese to begin with and theres no way in hell any FF game could ever work in an episodic format.

Each announcement of features for this remake are worrying, Can't they just... ya know, not fuck this up? That'd be just swell.

Also made me think of something, FF7 will be coming to the X1 with this launching, I wonder will they actually put the PSone game on XBLA for download, or was that not funded partially by Sony to stop that from happening? I recall something about that back in the day but that was almost 20 years ago now. Would be cool to see other consoles with that fine piece of gaming history on them.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Oh no they fucking didn't

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

ganoncrotch said:
Each announcement of features for this remake are worrying, Can't they just... ya know, not fuck this up? That'd be just swell.

Also made me think of something, FF7 will be coming to the X1 with this launching, I wonder will they actually put the PSone game on XBLA for download, or was that not funded partially by Sony to stop that from happening? I recall something about that back in the day but that was almost 20 years ago now. Would be cool to see other consoles with that fine piece of gaming history on them.

I think Sony owns the publishing rights for the original FF VII, I might be wrong tough.

I didn't see anyone complaining about Xenosaga being episodic ...

fatslob-:O said:
Ruler said:

They arent spin off period

Yes they are ... 

Their only sequels to the sub-series, not successors to the main series ...

Crisis Core is the prequel of FF7 while Advent Children is a direct sequel to FF7. Both are successors to FF7. The real spin-offs are Dirge and Before Crisis.

BasilZero said:
Platina said:
Not sure what this exactly means, but if they split this game into full priced games for each episode, that would be terrible :/

Episodic games (at least from what I know) arent full priced on each episode.

If anything it will be priced similar to these two examples which are both games from this year.

Life is Strange: http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630/

Resident Evil Revelations 2: http://store.steampowered.com/app/287290/

But I dont think its gonna be THAT cheap though - the entire collection will more than likely be $59.99 - how each episode is gonna be like well that depends on how many eps there will be ;o.

If they are charging for each episode, then it would make sense if the next episodes were cheaper, which is why it would terrible if they charged full price for each...

..though I don't see the whole collection being priced at $60USD, especially if there were 3 episodes

but then again, I'm not sure what they even mean by episodic so..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]