By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - WTF, the Weezy thread locked?!?

I'm a very moderate member who rarely loses temper and has respect for almost everyone on this site, but now for the first time I'm really annoyed by this site.

Kirby007 started a good thread about Weezy's ban, which caused a lot of commotion among members and I think it's very wrong to lock it because harsh words were said about ssj12.

If the ban of Weezy was rightfull just tell the reason, but don't go blocking discussions you don't like. I love the site for the sales data, but even more for the users and discussions, and I think the members deserve some respect from the mods.  

Locking threads with an ongoing, usefull discussion doesn't prove respect for the members.

Around the Network

It's like asking Gamespot the reason why their editor in Chief quit. The truth is, there are things that WON'T be told to the public.

Frankly, no mod likes to be put in that spot, I recommend you not to push it.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

it was a remember thread and some mod was trolling it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

My thread was locked about www.nds-roms.com yesterday, that really annoyed me.

But I thought it was best not to mess.

highwaystar101 said:
My thread was locked about www.nds-roms.com yesterday, that really annoyed me.

But I thought it was best not to mess.

From the title of the thread I can't blame any mod for that.

I'm not even complaining about the ban itself, I just don't want the discussion about it to be killed radically, because it was a relevant discussion.

Around the Network

It was looking like you people were going to start a damn riot in that thread, if you want answers ask for them politely, not pointing and blaming mods.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

kingofwale said:
It's like asking Gamespot the reason why their editor in Chief quit. The truth is, there are things that WON'T be told to the public.

Wow, very good response there.

I don't have a problem with "lets remember Weezy!" threads (though can't speak for other mods), I just have a problem when people start grabbing for the pitchforks. As long as a thread remains civil and in control I don't care, I just have a problem when thead starts getting mass amounts of unrest, not civil, or a thread made for something that should be made in a private message.

I didn't lock any of the earlier threads this morning except the petition one but I did get a chance to see some of them and they were breaking that general unrest rule and the that really should have been said in a PM rule.

-edit-

And just for the record: this is one of those belongs in a PM type of threads. 

twesterm said:
kingofwale said:

Wow, very good response there.

I don't have a problem with "lets remember Weezy!" threads (though can't speak for other mods), I just have a problem when people start grabbing for the pitchforks. As long as a thread remains civil and in control I don't care, I just have a problem when thead starts getting mass amounts of unrest, not civil, or a thread made for something that should be made in a private message.

I didn't lock any of the earlier threads this morning except the petition one but I did get a chance to see some of them and they were breaking that general unrest rule and the that really should have been said in a PM rule.

Well locking threads won't stop the fact that there IS unrest. It might be wiser to just adress the problem and give an explanation for bans, because this is not the first time there's a mass discussion on a ban.