By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 sales stumble, as nobody buys one during BF week

TheGoldenBoy said:
celador said:
Infoscout had PS4 slightly ahead at retail, most of the online charts that we have have PS4 comfortably ahead, and yet PS4 loses by 90k. Not impossible, but seems unlikely.

Microsoft's recent Black Friday PR also suggests that the PS4 most likely won BF since they didn't claim a win.

I don't think it's fair to draw that conclusion. They could be waiting for a better time to sneak that info in, like during PSX or on NPD day itself (to make up for NPD loss, sorta like we were not #1 in the month but were #1 on BF).

Around the Network

PS4 doesn't need to sell anymore consoles to beat Xbone this gen. So no point tracking it anymore. I approve of this decision VGChartz. Spend more time fixing this website. 😃

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Roronaa_chan said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
celador said:
Infoscout had PS4 slightly ahead at retail, most of the online charts that we have have PS4 comfortably ahead, and yet PS4 loses by 90k. Not impossible, but seems unlikely.

Microsoft's recent Black Friday PR also suggests that the PS4 most likely won BF since they didn't claim a win.

I don't think it's fair to draw that conclusion. They could be waiting for a better time to sneak that info in, like during PSX or on NPD day itself (to make up for NPD loss, sorta like we were not #1 in the month but were #1 on BF).

It's definitely possible, but claiming a BF win now wouldn't mean they couldn't reiterate it again in their NPD PR.

True, but it's a battle of headlines. If said now, the info would make the rounds these days, and at NPD it'd be forgotten and "PS4 wins" would be the only thing talked about. With this method, "X1 wins BF" on NPD day would take a lot of click thunder away.

LivingMetal said:
Is that shipped or sold?

Sold through to consumer.

Around the Network

I get that VGchartz works with estimates and stuf, and the numebrs are oftenly withim a very aceptable margin of error, but when you have solid ddata saying X console sold Y units and you dont use it, its realy realy dumb. Ive seen the argument of Sony/MS/Nintendo/whoever also working with estimatives so its not liek theyre numbers are 100% correct, but lets be honest here, they have much more reliable information and an army of ppl working in these numbers, theyre info are much closer to the real numbers. Bottom line is, just use the numbers that were revealed and go from there VGchartz, it makes way more sense than ignoring they ever existed.

Holy shit.

And didn't someone make a thread asking would ps4 sales fall off a cliff? I guess he was right.

OneKartVita said:
Holy shit.

And didn't someone make a thread asking would ps4 sales fall off a cliff? I guess he was right.

Yeah, he deserves some props!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I also saw that the numbers doesn't seem to make sense, and there is no way that PS4 only won worldwide with 100k. There is some serious adjustments needed when the dust settles...

Everyone bought a Wii U on Target.Com that day.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.