By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS2 discs and digital classics not compatible on PS4 through emulator

https://i.imgur.com/m533Vmq.png

I know, it's shocking that we're going to be asked to buy shit again lol.

Lock if old. Oh well, still hope for a SOCOM II port I guess.

Around the Network

lol this random pic from the internet proves everything

The way Sony is handling emulator is pretty lame.

I like the visual and performance upgrades the emulators are doing. I think its unrealistic to expect physical disc support (its a miracle X1 has it). But at the very least they should get out PS1 and PS2 Classics from PSN on PS4. Also, they should have a PSP emulator.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Fine by me. First of all there weren't many ps2 classics on ps3 so you won't be re buying much. I actually didn't buy any.

But with trophy support and a slight graphical upgrade I'd probably buy a few. Some of the Ps2 007 and Socom games. Apart from that can't think of any I'd be too pushed about.

I don't think this is true, this would be way too bad for people who bought games on ps3. Sony can't be that dumb and greedy.

Around the Network

Okay what the fuck is Sony thinking? What the point even here by now? And its so typical so most retarded demand from PlayStation Blog suceed (just give use digital PS2 classics duptydue i am too lazy to have a brain).
I think i wont even watch PSX Tommorow.

Since I lost the majority of my PS1/PS2 games. I would be glad to buy the games that I want again.

Of course, I feel bad for those who still has the games physically but its their choice if they want to double dip or not.

LudicrousSpeed said:

https://i.imgur.com/m533Vmq.png

I know, it's shocking that we're going to be asked to buy shit again lol.

Lock if old. Oh well, still hope for a SOCOM II port I guess.

Where is this from. 

BasilZero said:
I can understand the discs but PS2 classics from PS3 PSN not being transferrable/bc wow.

Glad I didnt invest on any PS2 classics lol.

whats so understanable about it? it works like that on the wiiu and xbox 360 and for ps3 with ps1 games

BasilZero said:
Ruler said:

whats so understanable about it? it works like that on the wiiu and xbox 360 and for ps3 with ps1 games

The Digital Future - thats what.

Nintendo and Microsoft arent in this case