By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tidux - Next PS4 Firmware Almost Ready (rumour)

cool if true

Around the Network

Honestly, I'm still salty over the monstrous hype he fed us over 2014 E3 that came to nothing.

Roronaa_chan said:
sergiodaly said:
of course it will be a new firmware around the corner, didn't they release a new SDK with the core 6 unlocked? new firmware is mandatory in this matter 

No it isn't. That stuff goes to people currently developing for PS4, it  changes nothing in our PS4s.

Yes it does. Our ps4 has a operating system that uses two cores and has code based on that hardware specs, and with the change in the sdk the PS4 OS has to be updated. Every time the OS reserved hardware is "changed" a firmware has to be instaled.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

sergiodaly said:
Roronaa_chan said:

No it isn't. That stuff goes to people currently developing for PS4, it  changes nothing in our PS4s.

Yes it does. Our ps4 has a operating system that uses two cores and has code based on that hardware specs, and with the change in the sdk the PS4 OS has to be updated. Every time the OS reserved hardware is "changed" a firmware has to be instaled.

It depends on how Sony has reserved the 2 cores. For all we know the OS has always used one core and they left the other for the future if the need came up. It is possible that devs just need to use the 7th core and that no firmware would be needed.

Not saying that is how it is or is probable. But it is possible

sergiodaly said:
Roronaa_chan said:

All they are doing is letting developers access that core for games. When you play those games, they will use the core. As for the OS's performance, that (and stability) are updated often and is probably already ready to operate under one core from previous updates. Even if it isn't, it can come much later, because we won't be playing anything that benefits from this for quite a while. 

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
There will be a PS4 update soon.

Now I'm an insider!!!

This.

The PS4 (like the PS3) will have updates until its last breath. That's not news worthy.

I foresee a PS4 firmware update someday. Can I be an insider now ?

Tidux is just a guy trying to make educated guesses, obviously. He was proven wrong for PSX and people call him now out for it. In the end he is not much better than the "source" insiderp.com.