By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Will Star Wars The Force Awakens earn more than Gone With The Winds inflated gross?

darkenergy said:

Gone with the Winds gross adjusted for inflation is $3.444 billion. Will Star Wars surpass this gross.

I think its possible that it has a shot at this. Agree or disagree?

Never. The top ten movies in history, when adjusted for inflation, will probably stay the same forever. People don't buy as many tickets as they use to for that to happen.

It's also why I don't care when a movie claims to be the highest grossing of all time etc. because it's misleading.

Around the Network

Lol no. It'll make 2 billion but i highly doubt anything close to 3 billion

No

HEMSTAR said:
Lol no. It'll make 2 million but i highly doubt anything close to 3 billion

You sure 2 million is alot of money??

Lol my bad.

Around the Network

Completely, 100% disagree. 2 billion is definitely in range, even 3 billion is possible, but not almost 3.5 billion.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

It won't beat Jurassic world or age of ultron. Why do people people fantasize that star wars is bigger than what it is? Only ONE film has made over a billion world wide and it ranks 20 on all time list! Even with there mutli rereleases only one has made it to a billion. Don't get me wrong I think this movie will make money and its positioned its self well with the dead Jan. Movie season coming. But don't think it will shatter all records.

Global Market Can give it a HUGE boost

AAA300 said:
It won't beat Jurassic world or age of ultron. Why do people people fantasize that star wars is bigger than what it is? Only ONE film has made over a billion world wide and it ranks 20 on all time list! Even with there mutli rereleases only one has made it to a billion. Don't get me wrong I think this movie will make money and its positioned its self well with the dead Jan. Movie season coming. But don't think it will shatter all records.

it will. If it performs just like TPM (which was not even that good) it will pass JW but fall just short of Avatar. 

Everyone I know wants to see it. Well except people who think its cool to hate on stuff that everyone else wants to do just to be different because it makes them feel important. 

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
AAA300 said:

it will. If it performs just like TPM (which was not even that good) it will pass JW but fall just short of Avatar. 

Everyone I know wants to see it. Well except people who think its cool to hate on stuff that everyone else wants to do just to be different because it makes them feel important. 

If someone doesn't like something they don't do it just to feel important its there opinion. Not everyone loves star wars and that's a fact so get over it . This movie will make money but it won't be the second coming of Jesus.