By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U's browser is pretty awesome.

So i have finally bit the bullet in preparation for Xenoblade Chronicles X and bought a Wii U. It just got here today, with Nintendo Land. I played a little bit of that, but I was not very entertained. (I am holding off on buying games until after my finals.) Then I decided to look something up in the browser. To my amazement the browser was fast, fluid, easy to use, and supports multitasking (youtube sound can play in background.) I have an android tablet and an android smartphone  and using the wiiu browser on the gamepad is such a breathe of fresh air compared to those devices. I was not expecting this feature to be that great considering how poorly the 3DS's applications work, and how the Wii browser was very limited as well. Now it will probably be what I spend the most time on my Wii U for! 

Around the Network

Yeah WiiU has from my expirience the best web browser of any console or handheld ever made.

recently stayed a few months without my computer so I used the wii u to work using his browser, is the best browser currently a console.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Congrats on your purchase! And yeah, the WiiU browser is very comfortable to use and can come in, pretty handy.

Yeah, the Wii U Browser is amazing. Probably the best console browser I've ever used.

Around the Network

Is pretty good, agree.

It's the best console browser available and actually gets more use than my PC when it comes to just browsing. Nothing else comes close when it comes to performance and ease of use.

It really is the best console browser out there! I actually don't use my laptop to surf the web all that much.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Every now and then, there is a video that won't play on it. Xbox One supports more formats but goddam, it's a headache to use. Haven't tried it since the update to M$ Edge, though.

It´s pretty good I like it a lot