By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Privilege

PlayStation gamers are (probably) the most previleged gamer right now, followed by PC gamers, then Xbox, and Nintendo Gamers. For multiplatform gamers, this (likely) holds true as well. Nintendo + PlayStation gamers are just as previleged as Playstation Gamers and PC and Xbox gamers are just as previleged as PC gamers. Note: This discussion is only concerned with consoles (home). On consoles (handheld), the inverse is true, Nintendo gamers are the most previleged and PlayStation is the least. Mobile gamers, Xbox Gamers, and PC gamers have no previlege in the handheld space. Mobile gamer's simply don't give a fuck, and yah that is a massive generalization, but the mobile games community hardly interacts with that of the handheld space. 

So If you play on all platforms, get the fuck out, you don't understand jack shit Jon Snow.

What do I mean by previlege, I googled it and this is what I found "a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people." And that previlege is granted by the crappy consumer based economy that these consoles (platforms, when talking about PC) are based on, where worth is purely and totally  determined by sales and sales alone.

Having sold the most respective to the generations it has been a part of it is by definition the most popular, and its userbase is the most previleged. Note: that is comparison is highly unfavorable to Nintendo, because only its console sales from N64 matter, when compared against PlayStation. Even more evidence of PlayStation previlege in the system. It's disgusting.

The monetary influence of Microsoft on their home region might at first seem to give more previlege to Xbox gamers, and in a sense it does make the platform a lot more relevant than the Nintendo platforms, but it's pointless, its not nearly enough to overturn the vast advantages of PlayStation has on the marketplace.

The only time PlayStation gamers can be have said to have lost is with the PS3, but even in this case, they don't truly understand what it has meant to lose. The console effectively tied for second. Rather, the loss of PS2 dominance, is what truly caused PS3 gamers to feel victimized, exactly how XB1 gamers  feel now losing the 360 gamer dominance and reacting accordingly. However, Xbox has never been to the upper echelons of what PlayStation is capable of, and Xbox's best performance was basically the same as Playstation's worst performance.

Thus, its definietly not the same.

Therefore, just because you disagree with a viewpoint from another fellow gamer doesn't mean you are fully capable of understanding it, and are probably just making inadequate judgements from your own previleged pedastle. Before you hit that reply button, 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

I don't feel very privileged when I get fist sized pixels and slide shows rubbed into my eyes.
You can't kick me out because I still don't have an X1!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

We need a "PRIVILEGED" app.

Not my fault you bought a Wii U or Xbone.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Nobody is stopping you from buying a Playstation. If this privilege is so great then wouldn't that make for a pretty good reason to buy one?

Don't look for sympathy for your own choices.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Its not privilege its just making better choices. Its not like the writing was not on the wall months before launch this GEN how it was going to turn out. If you bought an XB1 this year you knew going into it you were buy a console getting outsold 2-1. That matters because the bigger the gap grows the less devs will need the XB1 which puts Sony in a stronger position during negotiations.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I agree, we need some kind of affirmative action to level the playing field.
Maybe Sony should not be allowed to sell any more ps4 units until XB1 and Wii at have caught up, assuming they ever reach 30+ million.

I'm the most privileged since I own all platforms and can play all their games. So go me

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Are darker skinned people privileged because they use less sun screen?
Are larger framed people privileged because they can fill a bath tub with less water?

These situations are just dealing with the deck life dealt you. Its even less relevant when you put yourself in the situation.

Dafuq did I just read?

EDIT: No, seriously, I don't get it.