By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - OMG! Xbox One Exclusive Crackdown 3.

Why do people embed videos on here without providing a link. It doesn't work on mobile

Around the Network

There goes the link.

I bet useing that much compute power for servers makes the upkeep of this game alot more expensive than most game servers. Its probably one of those games you wont be able to play multiplayer in 10years down the road.

I loved the first Crackdown. It just needed a story. Are they adding a proper plot to this. All I've seen so far is that you can destroy everything in the level, which doesn't actually sound that fun... Surely it defeats the point of being able to jump up on them if someone shoots them straight down on you?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

JRPGfan said:
I bet useing that much compute power for servers makes the upkeep of this game alot more expensive than most game servers. Its probably one of those games you wont be able to play multiplayer in 10years down the road.

Plenty of games from last gen that went offline and aren't even a full decade old.

Whatever happened to MAG?, Sony owned and exclusive: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAG_%28video_game%29

Shutdown 4 years later....

This happened a lot with most online games from last gen and even the gen before, unless you have a private server (which consoles don't own or have) then you're SoL and it's a more common thing to see. Even if in the off chance you were to come back to me with some old games that are somehow still up on a console from say last gen, they still aren't as popular as what's going on with current gen systems at the end of the day.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
JRPGfan said:

Plenty of games from last gen that went offline and aren't even a full decade old.

Whatever happened to MAG?, Sony owned and exclusive: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAG_%28video_game%29

This happened a lot with most online games from last gen and even the gen before, unless you have a private server (which consoles don't own or have) then you're SoL and it's a more common thing to see. Even if in the off chance you were to come back to me with some old games that are somehow still up on a console from say last gen, they still aren't as popular as what's going on with current gen systems at the end of the day.

And on PC its different? Warcraft 3 is pretty much dead and with cheater infested for example. I dont understand why you are trying to make it up like its exclusive to consoles

Legacy said:
Who is the developer?

Reagent Games with additional work by Cloudgine and Sumo Digital.

Proud to be a Californian.

Ruler said:

And on PC its different? Warcraft 3 is pretty much dead and with cheater infested for example. I dont understand why you are trying to make it up like its exclusive to consoles

Warcraft 3 isn't an online based game like you think it is and it's a mostly SP played game at the time regardless, even then Blizzard are actually working on bringing back the classics on more mordern OS's and the old titles can still be played on the likes of 7-8. I don't see why you are making it as if it's 50/50 on both, it's really not at all like that.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

It should be noted that this is only pre-alpha gameplay so this is obviously not what it will look like when it's done, so it will look more better when they release it. Also the weapons aren't really going to be that powerful(with the exception of the rocket launcher) they purposely made the guns powerful just to demonstrate to destruction of the buildings, I think it's going to take ALOT of bullets than what they are showing to just destroy one building unless you use a rocket but it should take even less to destroy a wall.

Proud to be a Californian.

Chazore said:
JRPGfan said:

My point was this is going to become the "norm" if server costs go up alot.

You ll see alot of games have servers that go offline, pretty early, in the future if everyone is offloading stuff to the cloud servers to do it for them.