By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario World vs Undertale (GameFAQS)

What do you pick?

Super Mario World 92 78.63%

Undertale 16 13.68%

Don't care mate 9 7.69%

Total:117

So there's a new Best Game Ever contest at GameFAQS which is normally held every few years (or best character, villian, etc).

Undertale seems to keep making comebacks based on Tumblr and reddit users spamming the link to make everyone go vote.

What would everyone here choose?

www.gamesfaqs.com for the poll.

Around the Network

Well, I've never played Undertale and Mario World is my 2nd favorite game of all time..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Super Mario World.Its not even a contest.If Undertale wins i lose faith in humanity

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Undertale for doing something that you won't see SMW doing which is to say a huge plethora of choices, not having to kill characters, getting multiple endings and save files that do matter, the game just brings a lot more to the table with a good neat story and memorable characters to boot. I believe the small indie game deserves to win something that is likewise won by Mario a lot of the time.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Nautilus said:
Super Mario World.Its not even a contest.If Undertale wins i lose faith in humanity

It's taken down Mass Effect 3 (or maybe 1?) and also Fallout 3 so far. Always starts out way behind, then rallies once the reddit and tumblr people show up and make their threads.

Mario world was about 4K votes up at one time, down to 2K now I do believe.

Around the Network

Why is there a battle between the two anyway? One is a 2D platformer and the other is a RPG.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Why is there a battle between the two anyway? One is a 2D platformer and the other is a RPG.

It started with 128 games, based on nominations. We're down to the top 32 games now.

From the looks of it though, Pokemon is beasting and will take it down next round. If not FFVII or OoT should handle it.

I chose Super Mario World, only because I've never played Undertale and I chose Pokemon for the other round.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Super Mario World.

I think I'll attempt Undertale soon.
I can't imagine I'll enjoy it more than Super Mario World since it's one of my favorites of all time (hard to beat the replay value on those platformers), but obviously there's a reason why Undertale is so popular.