By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Employees Mob an Apple Store in NYC

Tagged games:

Fei-Hung said:
Zappykins said:
Just think if Apple had any kind of charity program that Microsoft does. Maybe they could have cured Jobs' cancer.

I thought it was Bill Gates who had a charity not MS.

In addition to The Gates Foundation that Bill and Melinda Gates founded - the world's wealthiest charity, Microsoft has their own charity matching and will match up to $15,000.00 to what an employee gives.

So if you donate $10,000 to Planned Parrenthood, Microsoft will donate another $10,000 in matching funds.  They encourage their employees to donate time and money. Summary:

• Microsoft employees have donated more than $1 billion, inclusive of the corporate match, since 1983.
  • Microsoft employees in the U.S. have volunteered more than 2.5 million hours of their time to causes they care about since we began our volunteer match program in 2005.
  • Since 1983, Microsoft and its employees have provided more than $8.5 billion in cash, services and software to nonprofits around the world.

http://www.microsoft.com/about/corporatecitizenship/en-us/serving-communities/employee-giving/

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

I really do not see why everyone is being so negative. If people only understood how terribly designed their "i" products are they might understand. Apple products (excluding Macbooks) are the worst designs from major players in the market

I repair devices and PCs from every major manufacturer every day.

JimmyDanger said:
Microsoft have known decades upon decades of success, while Apple have really only risen up to be a colossus major player in the last decade or so after floundering through the mid 80s to late 90s (kept in business by Bill Gates no less!).

There's a lot of talk of the rivalry between the two - but these guys have been basically in business together since they started, and are a lot friendlier than a lot of us fans would like to believe after all. It's a long, long game for these two - and while one may make more millions than the other from one year to the next - they're both making millions - consistently (give or take) - for DECADES.

If there wasn't Pepsi, Coke would have to invent it. Liverpool v Manchester United, Hogan v Savage, Yankees vs Red Sox, Bulls vs Lakers - these rivalries lift everyone. A great hero needs great villains. We the people demand some drama in our rivalries, and in the digital age - we've got staff of corporations adding some colour and heat. Nothing too snarky or smug, almost a little self mocking.

Good work. And I'm saying that if you believe "Go Apple!" or "Go Microsoft!". Good work for - to use some wrestling parlance - going for the pop with some comedy heat.

You lost me at "Yankees vs Red Sox;" I cannot go to a rivalry game without there being multiple fights in the stands lol.

I saw the title, and skipped over thiw thread because I thought this was a joke, but I just saw the commercial. That was a classy move. Doesn't change the fact that Windows Phone and Surface aren't doing so hot lol.

So i guess their funeral for the iPhone turned out to be premature

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I work there, and I've never seen those people before. They must have hired a choir just for the occasion.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

I work there, and I've never seen those people before. They must have hired a choir just for the occasion.

WHAT?!?! You mean those little children don't secretly work there, under the table to get by the child labor laws, either? 😦

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Makes me cry! :')

That MS store is where i went to the halo 5 launch event.