By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US December monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Uncharted being number one after going back up in price and soon dropping again is amazing, the only reason people should buy that bundle at the moment is Uncharted 4 beta access.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
DannyDanger89 said:

Link PLEASE i dont see that deal

Click on the hourlies and look for yourself.

People were slightly more helpful when you kept asking where the gamestop bestsellers were :p

OneKartVita said:

People were slightly more helpful when you kept asking where the gamestop bestsellers were :p

Only because it wasn't as simple as clicking on ONE link. I've been asked that twice by the same person and I get the impression he doesn't believe me. All you have to do is go to the bundle and look.

The PS5 Exists. 

tokilamockingbrd said:
DonFerrari said:

Maybe Sony didn't had enough Stock in USA to justify the cut, so they just coasted... this year they have more inventory for WW and were able to ship unholy amounts to USA and are able to make very big numbers with the price cut.

could be true. Many assume Sony's price last year was driven by desire to make a certain profit level. Its entirely possible it was supply driven. Sony could have projected at 349 they would have had major stock issues, add this to making less profit per console and a lower price last year would have made little sense.

And they didn't lost much ground last year in usa holidays and ww it was great.

the profitability theory have a big Gap when sony ceo months before said their priority was to drive as much hw Sales as possible on the first year with profitability being not even considered in hw. It's either projection for 350 wouldn't be usable because they didn't had stock or 12 months ago 350 would present big loses

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Uncharted bundle up to #22 on Yearly.

Gears at #62.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Uncharted 4 may be coming on March, so it won't be breaking FW sales records, but this NDC boost will surely help it, that plus it coming with the DLC during the holidays should give it some good sales next year.

Of course, it's also the next bundle, will have a LE edition that should fly of the shelves.

Uncharted 4 is hovering around 115 in the hourlies so its gonna do fine. 

celador said:
Uncharted bundle up to #22 on Yearly.

Gears at #62.

It will probably make the top 10 when it goes back on sale next week. 

Wii U at #2 now. I have a feeling Nintendo wasted so much time without a price cut, If the Wii U was priced accordingly, I think it would have been in a better position right now.

Angelv577 said:
Wii U at #2 now. I have a feeling Nintendo wasted so much time without a price cut, If the Wii U was priced accordingly, I think it would have been in a better position right now.

If they plan on replacing the thing soon they won't care about a slightly less worse position and will put all their efforts into NX.  That having a good launch is more important to them long term. 

OneKartVita said:
Angelv577 said:

If they plan on replacing the thing soon they won't care about a slightly less worse position and will put all their efforts into NX.  That having a good launch is more important to them long term. 

Well, I understando that Wii U isn't a priority for Nintendo anymore but still can't stop the feeling that the Wii U would have sold much better at the proper price.  Let see what Nintendo come up with their next Nintendo console.