By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digitimes Rumor: Nintendo to ship 10-12m NX units in 2016

DonFerrari said:
This is a joke news right? The console weren't even formally announced and they say they plan to ship more than initial sony prediction? Hahahaha

Considering it's rumoured to be both portable and home based or maybe a hybrid it wouldn't be farfetched as that's 2 markets to supply to.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
mountaindewslave said:

what is this article and nonsense?

its based on absolutely NOTHING, absolutely no references or information. why make a thread on such lack of information. this is just a joke in terms of speculation, like pulling a number and date from a random bag or magic 8 ball. absurd.

Because this website accurately leaks this sort of information about consumer electronics in this exact manner literally every year, and are right far more often then they are wrong.

Like that time they said the PS4 would release in early 2012 and sell 20m within the year + come with a Kinect add on- 

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20110704PD202.html

Or the time they expected the PS4 to ship 16 million in 2013 (It actually shipped 4.5m which was a record for any console).

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20130304PD221.html

Digitimes research and news in regards to Mobile, telecommunications and computing are very reliable. Their data and research in regards to dedicated gaming devices is usually inaccurate and relies on rumour and speculation over hard facts. 

Good. Good.
Q1 fiscal year, shipments in Q2 and selling in Q3 (holidays).

BTW, those 10M-12M are not impossible considering it is a consoles and a portable and each device will count as an individual unit. For example, if I buy the entire NX package it will count as 2 units (1 handheld+1 console). It's not that crazy 10-12M by March 2016.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

leo-j said:
Insidb said:
If this is true and the NX is on or near par with PS4/X1, this could drastically alter the landscape and likely be very influential to MS' future Xbox division decisions. While the PS4/X1 have the power, they don't have the legendary franchises (Mario, DK, Link, etc.). If the NX rolls in with comparable power, it will most likely get 3rd party support and eat into the marketshare of the 2nd largest console.

sony does have UNCHARTED, GOD OF WAR, GRAN TURISMO, FINAL FANTASY, METAL GEAR SOLID, and potentially CRASH/JAK as big franchises tho 

Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid are not exclusives, though (and neither has been Crash for a long time).

Wyrdness said:
DonFerrari said:
This is a joke news right? The console weren't even formally announced and they say they plan to ship more than initial sony prediction? Hahahaha

Considering it's rumoured to be both portable and home based or maybe a hybrid it wouldn't be farfetched as that's 2 markets to supply to.

And you think how many will buy 2 versions or how many have been doing it in the past. Because you would almost have to sum their hh and console this gen to achieve 12M on first year having probably only second half of 2016 (it won't release on january if they haven't even release propper info on it. It makes more sense to release info on e3 and release betwen june and october

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Deary me... if this is true the NX really won't be what people are thinking. Preparing for a meltdown.

Wagram said:

Uhh, the current Wii U is a perfect piece of evidence for third parties. They don't care about Nintendo now, why will they all of a sudden later? Hell even the astronomical Wii had laughable third party support, and third parties still barely made money on the damn machine. Once that casual audience fizzled out the consoles sales crawled. Is Nintendo going to find that casual audience again?

No, it's the perfect evidence of terrible execution. The Wii U had better 3rd party support than the Wii at the beginning, and it still failed. It's execution was the problem, not its support.

I've always held a suspicion that NX works both as an add-on to the WiiU and as a standalone system.

If I could get my mitts on a Vita-like portable, but more powerful, that made my WiiU more powerful - I'd get it.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Train wreck said:
Insidb said:
If this is true and the NX is on or near par with PS4/X1, this could drastically alter the landscape and likely be very influential to MS' future Xbox division decisions. While the PS4/X1 have the power, they don't have the legendary franchises (Mario, DK, Link, etc.). If the NX rolls in with comparable power, it will most likely get 3rd party support and eat into the marketshare of the 2nd largest console.

We've seen this song and dance alerady  with the gamecube but im guessing its different this time, right?

With the disparity, except for the US, between the PS4 and X1 and MS pushing Windows gaming so heavily, MS appears to have a much larger objective in mind now. They are 3 consoles in, really only PS4 as their competitor, and are being outsold nearly 2:1. With the stated objective being profitability, I can picture them being unwilling to have taken a hit with their holiday sales (for two consecutive years), only to have the market splinter further. They've made a name for themself in gaming, so a gradual, financially-driven transition to steam machines and Windows gaming is not unrealistic.

If it's good, I'll buy both day 1.
If somehow they don't deliver what I was expecting and it's a disappointment, then I'll buy them day 1 anyway. I just love Nintendo games.
And if those 10-12 m are both handheld and console I think it's possible that they sell that much, even more if they release a beast.