By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digitimes Rumor: Nintendo to ship 10-12m NX units in 2016

dharh said:
Miyamotoo said:

No, panic mode would be release in 2015.

A release in 2015 would be absolutely outragous.  A slap in the face to anyone who owned a Wii U and pretty much unprecidented in the console indistry.  The only console release that really comes close is XBOX to X360 and that was a newcomer Microsoft still trying to gain a foothold in the market.  Nintendo is _the_ veteran in the market. 

A late 2016 release, while not unprecidented, would be panic mode close to what Sega did with the Dreamcast.  And guess what, Sega failed.  Until proven otherwise I do not see anything before Nov-Dec 2016 and even then that is a serious bold move by Nintendo that borders on crazy.

Either way I am seriously glad I did not waste my money on a Wii U.

You said it, MS has Xbox and after 4 years they launch Xbox 360 that become big success for company. So Nintendo realasing NX in 2016. wouldn't be at all panic mode because Nintendo consoles usually have life span of 5 years where last year is usualy totaly dead, so releasing one year earlier isn't big deal, especially because majority of people expecting that because of terrible Wii U sales. I remember after that terrible first Wii U year (2013) some people were saying that Nintendo will release new console in 2014. or 2015.

Wii U has solid number of great Nintendo games, so if you love Nintendo games you relly cant waste money with Wii U.