By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digitimes Rumor: Nintendo to ship 10-12m NX units in 2016

That seems like a rumor to me.....
Well... if that´s true, then we will have another rushed product from Nintendo, and if there´s something they must avoid now at all costs is anoter rushed device that may not meet consumers expectations.

Around the Network

Time to buy some Nintendo stock while it is still cheaper...before NX announcement and their first mobile game launches.

Make it So.

OmegaRed421 said:
Time to buy some Nintendo stock while it is still cheaper...before NX announcement and their first mobile game launches.

You have some good points here.

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

Ok won't discuss further. No vídeo game hardware sold 20M on its first calendar year or even fiscal. You are being too optmistic. For those numbers to happen they would need hh at 150 and console 250 and I'm not that confident it will happen. Will you save this for end of next year?

Again it not one game hardware its two, and when 3DS and Wii U (espacily Wii U that is ultimate failure) manage to make 18m I dont see why completely new and integrated platform can do 20m. But this Digitimes info saying think that suppliers can provide "only" 10-12m. I do believe that handheld will be $150-200 and home console $250-300.

It done 18M with overlapping... and you are ignoring that smartphones and tablets have eroded hh sales even more, and nintendo consoles is on the very weak situation... so summing pretending the overlap is nulified and imposing almost 15% growth in total sales isn't warranted... say one platform that sold 20M in its first year, because if both HW do the same they will end up being one platform and I have serious doubt they will reach 20M.

200 for HH and 300 for console will be a receipt for disaster...

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

Again it not one game hardware its two, and when 3DS and Wii U (espacily Wii U that is ultimate failure) manage to make 18m I dont see why completely new and integrated platform can do 20m. But this Digitimes info saying think that suppliers can provide "only" 10-12m. I do believe that handheld will be $150-200 and home console $250-300.

It done 18M with overlapping... and you are ignoring that smartphones and tablets have eroded hh sales even more, and nintendo consoles is on the very weak situation... so summing pretending the overlap is nulified and imposing almost 15% growth in total sales isn't warranted... say one platform that sold 20M in its first year, because if both HW do the same they will end up being one platform and I have serious doubt they will reach 20M.

I don't see what is matter if it's done with overlapping!? I dont ignoring that, but you ignoring that Wii U is totaly failure and Nintendo worst selling console and that NX home console probably will perform much better, also whole NX integrated platform will very likely be much more attractive to consumers than 3DS and Wii U were combined. So again, if 3DS and Wii U manage to make 18m totally new platform of home and handheld could make similar numbers.

One platform but two different devices, look at NX handheld and NX home console to something similar like Android Chromebook and Android phone, or maybe like iPad and iPhone.

Point is that they will sold separate, you can buy only handheld or home console or you can buy bought.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

I don't see what is matter if it's done with overlapping!? I dont ignoring that, but you ignoring that Wii U is totaly failure and Nintendo worst selling console and that NX home console probably will perform much better, also whole NX integrated platform will very likely be much more attractive to consumers than 3DS and Wii U were combined. So again, if 3DS and Wii U manage to make 18m totally new platform of home and handheld could make similar numbers.

One platform but two different devices, look at NX handheld and NX home console to something similar like Android Chromebook and Android phone, or maybe like iPad and iPhone.

Point is that they will sold separate, you can buy only handheld or home console or you can buy bought.

As I said, will decline to discuss this further... you will base 20M as perfectly reachable out of hope and absolutely 0 definitive information. So we will review this on December 2016 or January 2017

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

As I said, will decline to discuss this further... you will base 20M as perfectly reachable out of hope and absolutely 0 definitive information. So we will review this on December 2016 or January 2017

No, I make 20m reachable based on 3DS/WiiU numbers.

Hardly, because this Digitimes info saying that suppliers can provide "only" 10-12m.

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

Hardly, because this Digitimes info saying that suppliers can provide "only" 10-12m.

Nope it's more on line with they expect to supply only 10-12M. Because they don't believe on Nintendo expectation. How many times this gen have Nintendo missed the mark on their predictions? Almost all of them

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

Nope it's more on line with they expect to supply only 10-12M. Because they don't believe on Nintendo expectation. How many times this gen have Nintendo missed the mark on their predictions? Almost all of them

So you saying supplery better known than Nintendo itself!?

When you have bad gen ever you will probably miss lotsa predictions.

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

So you saying supplery better known than Nintendo itself!?

When you have bad gen ever you will probably miss lotsa predictions.

They shouldn't. But for me 20M is still a high call.

The problem isn't they were severely wrong in their prediction... they have missed them all for like 2-3 years even if after every failure they made smaller and smaller ones.

And most of people on the site were sure they would miss, but guys like you defended they know better and were being conservative, that Nintendo would easily surpass their predictions.