By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The one thing that annoys me in GTA 5 gameplay...

Tagged games:

Running/Sprinting.

To be more precise, tapping and holding the "X" button ("A" on Xbox).

The solution is easy: instead just push the analog stick to the edge to sprint and push it slightly forward to walk, very simple right?

What do you think, is there something else lacking/annoying in GTA 5 gameplay? Got other ideas to improve the gameplay? Go ahead and share your thoughts.

Around the Network
-Ack!- said:

Running/Sprinting.

The solution is easy: instead just push the analog stick to the edge to sprint and push it slightly forward to walk, very simple right?

What do you think, is there something else lacking/annoying in GTA 5 gameplay? Got other ideas to improve the gameplay? Go ahead and share your thoughts.

and left "Shift" on PC, m8.

peterdavid12345 said:
-Ack!- said:

Running/Sprinting.

You know what I meant, mate ;)

Running / sprinting in GTA has always been awkward going back to the "tank" style controls of the original top-down games. The other gameplay element of the more recent GTA games that annoys me is the shooting and cover mechanics. Very clunky and cumbersome, like the game is trying to do too many things and be too many different gameplay genres at once.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I like it how it is. It adds a cost/reward ratio to gameplay. Tire your fingers but run fast or simply press a button and don't get that thrill of a running race

Around the Network
-Ack!- said:
peterdavid12345 said:

You know what I meant, mate ;)

Ya i know, just teasing :3.

bump.

fireburn95 said:
I like it how it is. It adds a cost/reward ratio to gameplay. Tire your fingers but run fast or simply press a button and don't get that thrill of a running race

I see your point, but to me it feels like they wasted another button. Imagine if you had to tap a button to reach top speed with cars in street races, or even just free roaming.

Perhaps the whole thing is a parody of Americans being in bad shape with burgers.. and diet coke.. and stuff... but sprinting 100-150 meters shouldn't be a chore. :D

It actually has its origins in GTA 3. Back then you only had one button to sprint. You hold it down and you sprint. However, gamers came behind that you could sprint forever if you just rapidly pushed the sprint button. That mechanic then found its way into later GTA titles. The faster you tap, the faster you run, but you can't exploit it to sprint forever anymore.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I don't understand why there's a run button in literally any game developed since the invention of the analogue stick. I run 99.95% of the time, so if anything there should be a walk button. (Mario, I'm looking at you.)

-Ack!- said:
fireburn95 said:

I see your point, but to me it feels like they wasted another button. Imagine if you had to tap a button to reach top speed with cars in street races, or even just free roaming.

Perhaps the whole thing is a parody of Americans being in bad shape with burgers.. and diet coke.. and stuff... but sprinting 100-150 meters shouldn't be a chore. :D

But in real life driving doesnt really take energy. You just press down at variable pressures on a pedal and move your arms circular. It kinda does emulate that.

But when you're running you're repeating the motion of left leg right leg left leg right leg, so 'tiring' in my opinion works better. I prefer it than pressing down onto L3