By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict Xenoblade Chronicles X FW of sales in the west. Also global LT.

All those games are recongnizale franchises and kid friendly, and they are barely passing the 1 million mark, splatton sold well because it was something ew and was very appeling to younger audinces, when you go into the store you recognize mario and all  those characters, but xenoblade is not really anestablished franchise, another point is that we arent completly sure of the quiality of the game. kotaku gave in its impression a mixed review, including digital the game is at 200 k in japan, his 150 k was fw not lifetime, it saddens me to think people think it will sell as well as splatoon, aside from some very bad you tube vide the game dosent have and advertisemnts ulike spaltoon, which ahd tv ads, events and appeared in amy gaming websites, when shinmegami tensei x fire emblem people were disgustedbecause it looked too japense and said they didnt wan tobuy it,the same thing will happen with xenoblade chrnicles x, the game dosnr look very goood graphically ither thing which will hurt causal sales

Around the Network

400k FW
1.2m LT

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

AlfredoTurkey said:
Nautilus said:

Why?the original sold the most in the US.Actually it will probably sell the best in the US

Because it's a niche Japanese title and on a console with a very low install base. If a popular Nintendo IP such as Splatoon manages to sell (according to this site) 800,000 in 5 months, what kind of numbers to you think Xenoblade will pull in? 

I think it'll sell more in Japan to be honest. 

It is already likely that first week U.S preorders have already surpassed or are close to Japan's first week. Your prediction ignores facts. The first game was a new IP releasing on a dead platform with a high piracy rate, and with a limited supply to only one store. NA will be this game's strongest market.

20pdemau said:

All those games are recongnizale franchises and kid friendly, and they are barely passing the 1 million mark, splatton sold well because it was something ew and was very appeling to younger audinces, when you go into the store you recognize mario and all  those characters, but xenoblade is not really anestablished franchise, another point is that we arent completly sure of the quiality of the game. kotaku gave in its impression a mixed review, including digital the game is at 200 k in japan, his 150 k was fw not lifetime, it saddens me to think people think it will sell as well as splatoon, aside from some very bad you tube vide the game dosent have and advertisemnts ulike spaltoon, which ahd tv ads, events and appeared in amy gaming websites, when shinmegami tensei x fire emblem people were disgustedbecause it looked too japense and said they didnt wan tobuy it,the same thing will happen with xenoblade chrnicles x, the game dosnr look very goood graphically ither thing which will hurt causal sales

try using more dots in your posts.Its very hard to write as it is.

Sure, while XCX is the second in the franchise, it is a new IP in many senses.But saying that this game had few covering and attention is wrong.Alot of youtubers are making videos about the game.It has appeared in almost every single Direct.Shulk is in smash, making the franchise even more known.And Nintendo did made Tv ads for XCX.In America and Europe.So yeah, it may not be getting Splatoon, Smash or Mario levels of marketing, but Nintendo is giving this game support.Plus those previews you mean, almost all of them praise the game, saying only good things about them.the only one who didnt was Kotaku, but as we all know Kotaku is a joke.And as I think you know, the first review gave 9.6 to XCX.Sure, its only one, and its not from a big site, but its signaling to something.And the game looks gorgeous.Again, almost every single previews praises the graphics.The only thing people bash about is the characters faces, which is understandable, but thats it.

In my opinion, 1 million is a guarantee.The first one sold around 1 million, and the first one generated a big fanbase, so im guessing most of the people who bought the first will buy the second.The question is if XCX will be able to bring new people in, which i believe it will.We will need wait to see.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Gamemaster87 said:
Justagamer said:

I hope the game crushes my prediction. I'm getting it, I loved the first one, but vgchartz having it at 140k pre-orders doesn't change my prediction. The first one was amazing and didn't set any region on fire, and yes, I know of the limited release in america. I just have the feeling the game is going to have a very low key release, 100k. That doesn't mean it won't have great legs and sell well in the end. I would love to see it sell 3+ million.

but when it probably has around 140k preorders for the US, how should it sell around 100k at launch? This is impossible.

That's vgchartz estimate, could be spot on, could be way off. I'm betting on the latter. 

Around the Network
Justagamer said:
Gamemaster87 said:

but when it probably has around 140k preorders for the US, how should it sell around 100k at launch? This is impossible.

That's vgchartz estimate, could be spot on, could be way off. I'm betting on the latter. 

Yeah, preorder tracking is often hugely inaccurate.

curl-6 said:
Justagamer said:

Yeah, preorder tracking is often hugely inaccurate.

Maybe, but it was already corrected once(XCX had 30k plus numbers that was subtracted from it).So even if its off, I dont think its by alot

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I'm gonna guess 300k FW between NA and EU, and 700k-800k lifetime globally. Would LOVE to be wrong though and have this game show some legs. The first game really didn't get a chance to have legs thanks to its limited release in NA, where it clearly could have sold more. I'd be thrilled if XCX hit a million or more in sales though.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

300k fw, 800k ltd

Nautilus said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Because it's a niche Japanese title and on a console with a very low install base. If a popular Nintendo IP such as Splatoon manages to sell (according to this site) 800,000 in 5 months, what kind of numbers to you think Xenoblade will pull in? 

I think it'll sell more in Japan to be honest. 

Argh, I hate when people throw the "niche" argument and say thats the reason why it will fail.First, the Wii U has proven time and time again that a software can sell millions with a low installed base.Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, DK Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Smash bros, Super Mario Bros,  Lego city Undercover and many more  has sold at the very least one million, and there are other smaller titles like Captain Toad that are going to pass 1 million.So yes, while the install base may limit the potential sales, its not a automatic reason for a game to fail commercially.And your Splatoon argument is weak at best.Splatoon is a new Nintendo IP and before releasing, everybody doomed it to sell very few copies, saying the game looked low with content looked bad, and ironically said that the small installed based wouldnt let it sell many copies.Actually, the Splatoon argument is a perfect example to compare to XCX.It was a game that everybody expected to fail, and yet managed to sell more than 2.5 million in less than 6 months and keeps on selling, outperforming even the boldest prediction.So why the hell couldnt XCX do the same?Sure, it could fail terribly, but what troubles me is that people dont accept the possibility of it succeding, even when Nintendo proved time and time again that, when he wants, and the game has potential, it can makethings work, like it did for Splatoon.

And so if you think it will sell more in Japan, it means that you think that it will sell 150k tops in US?Because thats (according to estimates) where the sales of XCX in Japan is.See how unrealistic your numbers are?(with all due respect of course)

Someone asked me why I said FW US sales would be low and that was my reply. I have no idea what it'll do anywhere else.