By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else still have doubts Zelda will come to Wii U?

What say you?

I'm 100% sure it'll come to Wii U 136 82.42%

I still have doubts 29 17.58%

Total:165

I'm not doubting that it's coming to Wii U.

Whether or not it'll be exclusive to Wii U is still a different story.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I honestly don't see Zelda U not coming to the Wii U...

If anything, it would be cross gen, but it will still be on the Wii U.. :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

It will come, no doubt about it

I'm 100% positive it will come to the Wii U.

It is coming to Wii u. It's just it is probably coming to nx too. Like how they did twilight princess. And seeing how the had port is coming next year that definitely seems the way they are going.

Around the Network

It's Twilight Princess 2.0
It'll still come to Wii U, but after NX launches with the game.
And people will have waited 4 years at that point for the game to come out. They'll be able to wait another 4 weeks.

No doubts

Soundwave said:

Twilight Princess came to the GameCube ... albeit Nintendo gave GameCube fans one last kick in the balls by making them wait until *after* the Wii launched to play it.

I could see Nintendo doing that again and/or pulling something else like making the Wii U version of Zelda U digital only (or the retail version being extremely limited) citing a need to move all Wii U storeshelf space out in order to make room for the NX. 

And I think they honestly should do this. Wii U is a commercial failure, people need to accept it and move on to the next system.  

Consoles are so fricken cheap you would have gotten your moneys worth out of it already anyway, unelss you shunned all 3rd party games then perhaps not lol.

So the best option in peoples mind is to bring it to NX? I have no issue with that. As long as it comes out on Wii U. It was promised there. I've been waiting for it there. If it's not released there. And is delayed for an entire year.

Just to wait for NX to come out. Not gonna be really all that nice for Nintendo. I was already not going to buy a NX, in till it proves itself. But Nintendo lying, for two years etc. And on top of it. Make my purchase of a Wii U fairly worthless. You think I'm gonna be in a happy mood to go buy a NX. At any future point? No. It will be even worse. If the NX fails. For the same reasons Nintendo always loves to do.

It's like Season 3 of Games Of Thrones. Rob Stark took that chance with trying to apologize. Were did it get him. Dead. Yes. Give a wound like that for people to beat to death. If Nintendo is that confidant with its fanbase.

Soundwave said:
SuperNova said:
They've said, time and time again that it's coming to WiiU, in this last trailer they've really been hammering it home.
The rampant consumer uncertainty might actually be one of the reasons they still refer to it as 'the WiiU Zelda' instead of unveiling the official title.
Either way, it's coming to wiiU.
I think they'll most likely go the TLOU remaster route with it once NX releases though.

Remasters don't sell systems. Nintendo needs to sell NX systems. Like it or not, NX launching day and date with the new Zelda is from a sales POV the best move. Hell, honestly I think they should follow the Wii example and delay the Wii U version even further just to force Nintendo fans to have to buy the NX to play it first. 

It worked well for the GameCube-Wii transiton. 

Twilight Princess wouldn't have sold as well or had the same impact on the Wii had it come out 6-8 months later as a port. Sony can afford to not have the greatest launch windows because they have an established track record of basically having 100% third party support with the demographics (Madden, COD, GTA, Final Fantasy, etc. players) to go with it. 

They can afford to do things like launch Last of Us late in the PS3's cycle because honestly their 1st party IP are secondary. Nintendo does not have this luxury. 

Nintendo's own fanbase is also very stubborn on their own and can get caught up in the "unless there's a new Mario or Zelda with this new system I ain't buying sh*t until I get that!", which is problematic.

Probably should have read all the posts first and quoted this one.  +1 especially the last sentence