By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Friday Retail Musings

Went to KFC today, not a bundle to be found. Black Friday's gonna be massive!

Around the Network

Well anecdotal evidence is interesting to read but the bottom line is its Black Friday, all 3 consoles have sales and all will sell very well. Lots of games will sell.

I went to two Walmarts and a Target, no consoles left, game areas looked like a tornado blew through them.

My walmart and gamestop were chaos.
Lots of ps4 and xbos sold but a few wii us were sold too.
Splatoon and Fallout 4 sold like crack at my Walmart(went through at least 20 copies when I was there opening).

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

As is the tradition with black friday, is it wrong of me to ask if anyone have seen any horrible events?
I'm from Sweden so there is basically zero black friday rush here. No brutal fights over the best deals.
Its catching on a bit though, but its more like another kinda normal, holiday sale.

At my local Walmart I don't know where the Xbox One consoles were. I simply didn't see them anywhere.

I got in a line to get a Wii U and there were plenty. There was also a stack of PS4's and I doubt they sold them all that night.

At previous Black Friday's I feel there was bigger demand for consoles because they were cheaper. $99 Xbox 360's had more demand at my local stores.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

according to adobe data, xbox one won black friday
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151127005410/en/Adobe-Data-Shows-Top-Sellers-Black-Friday

top 5 overall:
Samsung TVs, iPad Air 2, Microsoft XBox, Lego Star Wars, Shopkin Dolls
top5 electronics:
Samsung 4K TVs, Apple iPad Air 2, Microsoft Xbox One, Apple iPad Mini and Sony PS4
top5 toys:
Lego Dimensions, Shopkin dolls, Lego Star Wars, Barbie Dream House and Lego Friends

jonhalo said:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151127005410/en/Adobe-Data-Shows-Top-Sellers-Black-Friday

top 5 overall:
top5 electronics:
Samsung 4K TVs, Apple iPad Air 2, Microsoft Xbox One, Apple iPad Mini and Sony PS4
top5 toys:
Lego Dimensions, Shopkin dolls, Lego Star Wars, Barbie Dream House and Lego Friends

Looks like they were close this time, ps4 will win due to the winning all month and the previous months accumulation of cod and battlefront bundles.

Playstation_awaiter said:
jonhalo said:

top 5 overall:
top5 electronics:
top5 toys:

Looks like they were close this time, ps4 will win due to the winning all month and the previous months accumulation of cod and battlefront bundles.

possible
i would not bet on it, though

this month is a total tossup. and after last months weak ps4 performance i dare to shout out ps4 winning again
only save thing for me are the following two facts:
xb1 + ps4 combined sales  November 2015 will be up YOY
xb1 vs ps4 sales gap November 2015 will be down YOY

jonhalo said:
Playstation_awaiter said:

possible

this month is a total tossup. and after last months weak ps4 performance i dare to shout out ps4 winning again

Unfortunately, it only says that X1 was a top seller for Thanksgiving (where PS4 is not mentioned at all) and that it was one of the top sellers on Black Friday. No explicit winner is stated, but it sounds like sales were huge.

Insidb said:
jonhalo said:

possible

Unfortunately, it only says that X1 was a top seller for Thanksgiving (where PS4 is not mentioned at all) and that it was one of the top sellers on Black Friday. No explicit winner is stated, but it sounds like sales were huge.

if xb1 is in the top 5 overall for black friday,
but ps4 only in the top5 electronics for black friday, xb1 was selling more than ps4 (according to theire claim)

top 5 electronics:
top 5 toys:

top 5 overall are the 5 bold products. 3 out of the electronic top 5 and 2 out of the toys top 5

edit: nvm i found it