By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rise of Tomb Raider XBox1 = sales dud of the year?

Enough with the circle jerk please. Give it up already.

Around the Network
Justagamer said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Love how instead of acknowledging your blatant hypocrisy you move onto another user hoping the situation will go away. That's not a good look man.

Hypocrisy? Sony fans were downplaying tomb Raider from the onset. That's what that quote was from, responding to the downplay by Sony fans. Now, bananaguy comes out of nowhere and starts shit with stupid memes, and it's me that's moved to another user? Dafuq are you talking about? 

If you honestly don't see how much of a hyprocrite you're being then I think we should all just stop. Because it this point it's just becoming funny. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Justagamer said:

Hypocrisy? Sony fans were downplaying tomb Raider from the onset. That's what that quote was from, responding to the downplay by Sony fans. Now, bananaguy comes out of nowhere and starts shit with stupid memes, and it's me that's moved to another user? Dafuq are you talking about? 

If you honestly don't see how much of a hyprocrite you're being then I think we should all just stop. Because it this point it's just becoming funny. 

I stopped, but funny meme guy and you keep coming back.
Yes, stop. Thanks. Team blue mob wins.

Sad because by most accounts, more people should be playing this, But I'm contributing to their lack of sales by not picking up an Xbox One for it and waiting until it releases for PS4. In all honesty, even if it never came out for PS4, I still couldn't see myself picking up an Xbox One for it.

walsufnir said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
just for perspective. the Order:1886 sold 260k in the US alone launch week. TR will have better legs with the holiday and great reviews. But still.

Well, The Order dropped in sales amazingly fast because people actually realized the game was crap. Before there were many people who defended the game and associated it with a typical Sony exclusive, thus being awesome. And it wasn't.

The best we got from this game was this:

View on YouTube

LOL how did I miss this.

"you even have people defending the length.. i hate long games"

Around the Network

It's kinda sad when you see a group of people ganging up on one person in a sales thread.

Was this posted?

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/262201/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-sells-an-estimated-301k-first-week-at-retail/

Tomb Raider 1 is a Good game but the story sucks and barely character development other then Lara herself. I think ROTR will be similar to TR but with more action sequence and tomb raiding, so I going based this game of TR1. The gameplay is very good and graphics was great as well. Played it on PC. The sales for this was disappointing even. The order 1886 with bad reviews sold better, I hope holiday the sales will go up. I guess Xbox gamers playing dude shooters is pretty much true as Halo sold significantly better.

Square enix probably not happy with such low sales. The reboot sold a few million and they were unhappy with that figure even. And with Best Buy reps on gaf saying no one is touching the tr bundle this Black Friday, it's not looking good for the game. It may get to a million or so which is ok I guess considering the console it's on and the competition it's up against like halo and fallout.

Well at least we can all agree that Lara has a special place in the hearts of gamers. I mean just look at this discussion thread. lol! xD