By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 4 has sold-through 30.2 million units worldwide

And that was only in two years. And we haven't even reached this year's peak period of sales. Pretty damn good work, Sony. Keep up the good work.

Around the Network

Beast mode. Congrats to the PS4 and Sony.

If I recall correctly, last time we had figures VG was about 1m off. The new figure still reflects that.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

kitler53 said:
why is sony boring us with ps4 console numbers. how many psn accounts are there?!? that's the stat I really want to know!!

Not only that, we need to know how many enemies killed in Killzone Shadow Fall, number of laps raced in Driveclub, number of platforms created in LBP3, and many many more!!

LivingMetal said:
ZhugeEX said:

Congrats to Sony.

This is further proof why no one should trust the data posted by the admin of this site.

I don't know ioi, and I'm not defending the lack of accuracy of the numbers.  But this is one of the best multi-platform sites I've been to, and it's been my default gaming website.  So if you're going to be a prick about it, don't.  Go jack off by yourself somewhere else.

I agree, this isn't a site to jack off to.  There are better sites suited for that than this!

(unless video game sales is a turn on...?)

Welfare said:

This is as of the 22nd, so next week we'll see 1.8 million PS4's sold?

LOL this!

Around the Network

So, the greatest week of sales is week ending 11/21 obviously. Theory:
1. Chartz is nearly 2 million short for the PS4
2. Last week was the greatest week in all of gaming.
3. A combination of the two

4k1x3r said:
Protendo said:
How is the PS4 under tracked so often. All the adjustments and it still ends up this far behind.

Because it sells more in places that are harder to track. As simple as that.

I think that might be the key.  Well, they should compensate for their own gray area as a percentage of what they can track.  Thats what I would do anyway.

Congrats on Sony! But I think the gap between both consoles isn't representative to the quality of them. PS4 is good but not twice as good as Xbone.

SWORDF1SH said:
LivingMetal said:
ZhugeEX said:

Congrats to Sony.

This is further proof why no one should trust the data posted by the admin of this site.

I don't know ioi, and I'm not defending the lack of accuracy of the numbers.  But this is one of the best multi-platform sites I've been to, and it's been my default gaming website.  So if you're going to be a prick about it, don't.  Go jack off by yourself somewhere else.

What ZhugeEX said might of been harsh but that's out of order. We do not need this type of "behind the keyboard" type of bravery that has to stoop this low. If you want to insult people maybe you should eject yourself from the forum.

If what I said sounded too crast, I apologize.  But do not subscribe this "behind the keyboard" metaility.  My whole point was to not get off of being so self-righteous.

walsufnir said:
Congrats on Sony! But I think the gap between both consoles isn't representative to the quality of them. PS4 is good but not twice as good as Xbone.

1.85 times as good? 1.92 times as good? 2.07 times as good?

Just kidding lol.