By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Stand-alone WiiU gamepads priced and up for purchase in Japan

I'd say that pretty much confirms NX will be Gamepad-compatible. Why else still release this as a stand-alone accessoiry? I doubt there's still going to be that big dual-Gamepad game on WiiU after all this time... Unless Star Fox supports co-op and now magically is able to stream unique action to three screens (or four, counting split-screen on the tv as two) at once lol.

Around the Network

Preparing for their use as an NX accessory I see ;)

A redesign is due aswell

S.Peelman said:

I'd say that pretty much confirms NX will be Gamepad-compatible. Why else still release this as a stand-alone accessoiry? I doubt there's still going to be that big dual-Gamepad game on WiiU after all this time... Unless Star Fox supports co-op and now magically is able to stream unique action to three screens (or four, counting split-screen on the tv as two) at once lol.

With NX's power it will ^_^

Ill be quite happy if my gamepad works with nx. Let's face it, there is no point for this to be released now other than too prepare for nx

Now people who broke their gamepads can buy a new one without having to buy the console as well. Gaming can be frustrating at times xD

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
thepurplewalrus said:
If they sell this in the US, they should price at $99.99 instead of $104.45. Even the its only several dollars apart, people would be much more willing to buy something if it's under $100.

The gamepad is expensive anyway, just shows the price burden it's been for the WiiU. I hope Nintendo at least improves the battery life of the batteries, producing better ones has to be easier now.

Sadly adding more mAh's of power to the battery pack would only add to the weight of it, by quite a large amount too.

Also there is newer battery tech which could lower the weight and increase the life... but would also massively add to the price.

Can't have it all.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
Darwinianevolution said:
thepurplewalrus said:
If they sell this in the US, they should price at $99.99 instead of $104.45. Even the its only several dollars apart, people would be much more willing to buy something if it's under $100.

The gamepad is expensive anyway, just shows the price burden it's been for the WiiU. I hope Nintendo at least improves the battery life of the batteries, producing better ones has to be easier now.

Sadly adding more mAh's of power to the battery pack would only add to the weight of it, by quite a large amount too.

Also there is newer battery tech which could lower the weight and increase the life... but would also massively add to the price.

Can't have it all.

True :(

I hope that at least it comes with a digital WiiU game, even if it is Nintendoland. A controller for 100$ is a lot, they might need to persuade costumers somehow.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Uh, cool.

At least this means I don't have to go through customer service in the event my gamepad breaks on me, I suppose.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

This is offcourse NOT becourse of NX.. It would make no sense not just to wait until NX comes..
(it would hurt wiiu sales, and start the NX comes soon talk again)

There are to posibilitys.. (imo)

1. Nintendo will make a game/dlc that can use second gamepad

2. This is just to replace broken ones.. to the ones not having garantee anymore

One of the things I was hoping for when I first heard about the Wii U prior to its release was local multiplayer with 2 tablet controllers running.
Imagine Madden 16 local co op with a private screen so that you could choose your plays in secret yeow!
It's too little too late with this for me...