By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 : "Industry sources support our belief that Halo 5 digital sales were much closer to half of units than the 20-25% GameStop is suggesting."

this digital thing is just getting silly. If the sales where that great on digital MS would have said 3 MILLION OW sales for Halo 5 (including digital).

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

I'm sure digital sales have went up but by how much, who knows? I will wait for numbers on this, also Gamestop is always going to downplay Digital, it literally is the death of their store, sorry but I don't trust either of them.

However majority of my friends bought Digital, so that's my Anecdotal evidence.

Azzanation said:
Sprash said:
Azzanation said:
I wouldn't be surprised, MS stated it was the best selling digital Xbox game ever.

My question is why are people (1) salty in here when they hear news like this. Its only sales, who cares.

If you don't care why do you post in this thread? I mean, if someone makes a thread about something I don't care about I won't post in this thread, simple isn't it?

or do you just don't care because Halo 5 underperformed so bad?

Bolded (1): Can you link me those comments with people being salty about it in this thread?

1.The thread isnt the problem, i like to read the news just like the next guy. Its the posters, as if there all trying to justify a games success and failure. Halo 5 is a very successful game that failed to outsell Halo 4, but its a successful brand which has made MS half a billion $$$. Thats more important then how many phyical copies a game has sold. 2.Profit is always first.  Theres no ifs and buts about it. Everytime i hear something good about a game i read comments like "They spin the news" "They lied" " Failure" etc.

I wishm i could quit my job tomorrow and work for these devs because the amnount of money they make, will put us all to shame and we are willing to justify a games success based off 1 aspect of its sales.

For the reecord, i brought the game digital like all my other friends did. Not saying digital is going to outsell its phyical versions but its not something to take lightly, i wouldnt be suprised if Halo sold 1m in digital alone.

You are talking about a console that was designed around a digital future.

1.Bolded: Nobody is saying the game is a failure (maybe some sony fanboys) everyone knows that the game sold good but it sold bad compared to other halo games!

2.Bolded: We are on a site dedicated to sales so they come first.

Summary halo sold good as a game but bad compared to other halo games sorry but you can't deny that.

Sprash said:
Azzanation said:
Sprash said:
Azzanation said:
I wouldn't be surprised, MS stated it was the best selling digital Xbox game ever.

My question is why are people (1) salty in here when they hear news like this. Its only sales, who cares.

If you don't care why do you post in this thread? I mean, if someone makes a thread about something I don't care about I won't post in this thread, simple isn't it?

Bolded (1): Can you link me those comments with people being salty about it in this thread?

1.The thread isnt the problem, i like to read the news just like the next guy. Its the posters, as if there all trying to justify a games success and failure. Halo 5 is a very successful game that failed to outsell Halo 4, but its a successful brand which has made MS half a billion $$$. Thats more important then how many phyical copies a game has sold. 2.Profit is always first.  Theres no ifs and buts about it. Everytime i hear something good about a game i read comments like "They spin the news" "They lied" " Failure" etc.

I wishm i could quit my job tomorrow and work for these devs because the amnount of money they make, will put us all to shame and we are willing to justify a games success based off 1 aspect of its sales.

For the reecord, i brought the game digital like all my other friends did. Not saying digital is going to outsell its phyical versions but its not something to take lightly, i wouldnt be suprised if Halo sold 1m in digital alone.

1.Bolded: Nobody is saying the game is a failure (maybe some sony fanboys) everyone knows that the game sold good but it sold bad compared to other halo games!

2.Bolded: We are on a site dedicated to sales so they come first.

Summary halo sold good as a game but bad compared to other halo games sorry but you can't deny that.

Sales sites are awesome, but theres no need to downgrade what is a huge success. Its also unclear to say it has sold less when the game is still on the shelves. Halo 5 could sell for many years and end up on 10m. Who knows, either way 1.5m sales phyical only is far from a failure and considering its MP appeal it will most likely continue to sell.  It hasent sold aswell as Halo 4 at launch but that doesnt mean the game isnt huge or great or will sell well in the future.

Azzanation said:
Sprash said:
Azzanation said:

The thread isnt the problem, i like to read the news just like the next guy. Its the posters, as if there all trying to justify a games success and failure. Halo 5 is a very successful game that failed to outsell Halo 4, but its a successful brand which has made MS half a billion $$$. Thats more important then how many phyical copies a game has sold. Profit is always first.  Theres no ifs and buts about it. Everytime i hear something good about a game i read comments like "They spin the news" "They lied" " Failure" etc.

Profits are good... but since MS didn't disclose profit on Halo, just Revenue, your whole claim is mute... they could achieve 500M revenue and still be on loss for the game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

What a very long and unnessecary rant, wow, calm down pal.

Where do I say it sold 50%?

Where do I support the notion that it sold 50%?

I was merely pointing out why Gamestop have a vested interest in the status quo and how they didnt actually say anything.  they inferred soemthing from sources. Tthats all.

By the way I do have a strong sense of honesty and ethics... why are you suggesting I dont?

You scream bias and then I look at your posts on this topic and smile.  This topic really means a lot to you doesnt it.

No rebuttal what so ever to anything i posted. great, pretty much proves all my points.

if you arent interested in the topic at hand, then dont post in it at all.  specially when you have nothing of worth to say. go ahead, try make me seem "angry", a vain effort in trying to actually post a counter argument. 

i came in this thread arguing against the ridiculous 50% digital attatch ratio for Halo 5. you quoted me, and argued with me about it. if that doesnt show that you supported the 50% digital rate, then you did a really bad job at actually trying to state any sort of point or argument in the first place.

instead of your bad attempts at trying to make this personal, any counter arguments about the actual topic at hand. Halo 5's digital sales and its general under performance sales wise? 

The fact that we're even talking about weather Halo 5 sold well or not by speculating should be a huge disappointment for MS.

NatureOfLogic said:
The fact that we're even talking about weather Halo 5 sold well or not by speculating should be a huge disappointment for MS.

Not really. According to Microsoft it outsold minecrafts week 1 digital(1 million). So I'd call that a success.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
NatureOfLogic said:

Not really. According to Microsoft it outsold minecrafts week 1 digital(1 million). So I'd call that a success.

Unless Microsoft made a spin with the name of the store.

Anyway, I prefer to stay in "Wait & see" mode, numbers will come soon enough

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
kowenicki said:

What a very long and unnessecary rant, wow, calm down pal.

Where do I say it sold 50%?

Where do I support the notion that it sold 50%?

I was merely pointing out why Gamestop have a vested interest in the status quo and how they didnt actually say anything.  they inferred soemthing from sources. Tthats all.

By the way I do have a strong sense of honesty and ethics... why are you suggesting I dont?

You scream bias and then I look at your posts on this topic and smile.  This topic really means a lot to you doesnt it.

No rebuttal what so ever to anything i posted. great, pretty much proves all my points.

if you arent interested in the topic at hand, then dont post in it at all.  specially when you have nothing of worth to say. go ahead, try make me seem "angry", a vain effort in trying to actually post a counter argument. 

i came in this thread arguing against the ridiculous 50% digital attatch ratio for Halo 5. you quoted me, and argued with me about it. if that doesnt show that you supported the 50% digital rate, then you did a really bad job at actually trying to state any sort of point or argument in the first place.

instead of your bad attempts at trying to make this personal, any counter arguments about the actual topic at hand. Halo 5's digital sales and its general under performance sales wise? 

I made this personal.  Good one.  Youn ahev had a very large bee in yoir bnnett in this topic and your frequency of posts and the tone of them reflects that.

Your original post I responded to made no mention of 50%, all I did was make a case for increasing digital sales now and ongoing - that was clear and it was concise.  It is not my fault you missed the point.  You seem to have taken offense at this and decided to have a pop at me too.  Thats fine, it matters not to me.  I will leave you to it, this topic clearly means much more to you than anyone else here.

As expected, you reply with another personal response rather than one about the topic at hand, due to your inability to hold an arguement. you can keep up with the poor "you seem to care way to much about this topic" type of repsonses. (yet you keep quoting me, i wonder why). but it just keeps pointing out more and more that you have no rebuttle what so ever.

This topic is about Halo 5's under performance in sales. you keep quoting me yet you have nothing to say about the topic, i wonde who has a bee in his hornet.

Halo 5's sales. lets talk about that. other than that, really, no need to reply to me.