By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is your biggest complaint about Twilight princess?

Your biggest complaint?

The wolf bug collecting sections 16 15.84%

Enemy difficulty 10 9.90%

Barren overworld 20 19.80%

Limited item usage outside dungeons 8 7.92%

Overblown intro 11 10.89%

Too linear 5 4.95%

Too similar to OOT 5 4.95%

Ganondorf gatecrashing the ending 4 3.96%

Motion controls (wii only) 8 7.92%

Other 14 13.86%

Total:101

Major complaints:
- Overworld doesn't look very interesting (but was fun to fight the green moblin leader on horse)
- Wolf form is a weaker version of Link besides Midna's instant kill
- Wolf form isn't very unique from Link and often feels gimmicky. you can do cool jumps but only on certain locations
- ^^^ this makes finding light tears boring
- The bosses look epic but they are really easy to defeat making it anti-climatic. Looking at you Sky Temple and Temple of Time bosses!
- ^^ Even if TP HD has hero mode, some of these bosses will still be easy because they sometimes just sit or walk around for a while before actually hurting you or have a very predictable and avoidable attack. Again, looking at you Sky Temple!

Minor complaints:
- There is no magical item. Where's my fire and ice arrows? Bomb arrows are cool though but not enough to substitute them!
- Five heart pieces to find another heart container... I don't care much about heart pieces in general besides LTTP and LBW and adding one more piece to collect... no thanks

Around the Network

The game's awesome, don't have much to complain about. I have never understood complaints about Ganondorf or the 'empty' world because to me they're simply not true. Ganondorf is introduced halfway through the game and alluded to even before that, it's all pretty obvious. The world is just as 'alive' as in any other game. To me riding around looking at nice scenery through different landscapes and wide vistas is also content and not "boring" in the slightest. Moreover, the world is bigger than just the field which a lot often seem to forget. I never warp in this game, unless there's no choice. But I digress.

If there's something to complain about though, I'd say it's the easy difficulty. I doubt I've ever seen the Game Over screen, but this game still isn't even the worst in that regard.

Dungeons and bosses are amazing, many amongst my favorites in the series. They're unique, there's plenty of them, and they're long. The game's my second favorite 3D Zelda, after Ocarina of Time. Which is why I also don't understand how "similarity to OoT" is a bad thing; as far as I'm concerned there should be more games like Ocarina of Time.

It has very limited replay value: The gameplay is not rewarding, Midna is the only memorable character, the music is sub-standard for a Zelda game, there is hardly anything to explore, the dungeons are tedious half the time and Wolf Link is a bad concept in general.

Still, the game does feature Ganondorf as the final boss so such details are easy to look past.

I think the overworld is fine... Sure there isn't a lot to do or find there, but when you DO find something, it meant so much more. I don't really know of anything that I really dislike, I voted for the limited item usage out of dungeons even though I think it was mostly fine too...

I can see what people dislike about it, but myself, I don't :)

Yep.

S.Peelman said:

The game's awesome, don't have much to complain about. I have never understood complaints about Ganondorf or the 'empty' world because to me they're simply not true. Ganondorf is introduced halfway through the game and alluded to even before that, it's all pretty obvious. The world is just as 'alive' as in any other game. To me riding around looking at nice scenery through different landscapes and wide vistas is also content and not "boring" in the slightest. Moreover, the world is bigger than just the field which a lot often seem to forget. I never warp in this game, unless there's no choice. But I digress.

If there's something to complain about though, I'd say it's the easy difficulty. I doubt I've ever seen the Game Over screen, but this game still isn't even the worst in that regard.

Dungeons and bosses are amazing, many amongst my favorites in the series. They're unique, there's plenty of them, and they're long. The game's my second favorite 3D Zelda, after Ocarina of Time. Which is why I also don't understand how "similarity to OoT" is a bad thing; as far as I'm concerned there should be more games like Ocarina of Time.

The dungeons were the best part of the game in my opinion, and the the bosses did look amazing that's for sure.

Around the Network
Metroid33slayer said:
S.Peelman said:

The dungeons were the best part of the game in my opinion, and the the bosses did look amazing that's for sure.

Dungeons and bosses were great, one of the best in series, but world itself was so empty and boring for me worst in series.

Great thread, can you make same about SS!?

Definitely was too easy.

Bosses did not dish out much damage, nor could they take much before dying. It was just 3 attack opportunities, move on to phase 2, 3 attack opportunities, DEAD.

If they just simply added more attacks to bosses, and less time to attack weakpoints it would help.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

The art direction

This is a small complaint but the graphics and lighting were off too me. I love the art style and I find all of the concept art amazing, but when I play the game, I feel like all the colors are too muted and the world is too opaque. some of this is fixed in the dolphin 1080 videos online, so hopefully that is fixed in the hd remaster.

The field is pretty empty too...

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

The bug part. I didn't play the Wii one. So I can't pick on that. But only the collection segment. Holy shit was that intentionally to waste your time. It was basically postman 2.0. A complaint not on the list. Princess Minda use. She turns back at the end. And we can never use the character at all. Would it of killed them for a new game plus. Just swap the model out. And have her ride on the wolf, in a goofy way.