By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am on the verge of buying a Wii U but...

I am challenged with he prospect of the NX. I have no clue what it is...but imho it doesn't bode well for my purchase of the Wii U if this system has confirmed BC and is superior in every way. Of course Star Fox is still on my list even though I was slightly underwhelmed, I am still a big fan and going to buy it. I dont play many flight games so I must do a barrel roll at least once in a blue moon. The log of great Nintendo games are growing, its just the consoles lifespan that has me worried. Has this feeling of a lack of longevity been getting to any of you guys as well? Zelda TP HD has helped in getting me back on board to damn. This is such a tough time to make such decisions with so many great games coming out on competing consoles. 

Around the Network

The new Zelda next year and X in December are more than enough to get it not to mention the backlog of games like Bayonetta 2 and Pikmin 3.

Well star fox isn't out till Just before e3 right? If you can wait that long wait an extra week or two and see what nintendo has planned. Hell they might do an earlier in the year reveal ala ps4

Blob said:
Well star fox isn't out till Just before e3 right? If you can wait that long wait an extra week or two and see what nintendo has planned. Hell they might do an earlier in the year reveal ala ps4

Hmmm...this could work. I could conveniently pick up a Wii U during a dry spell. Preferably second quarter.

BasilZero said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I am challenged with he prospect of the NX. I have no clue what it is...

Just a figment of Imagination by those who are desperate to have their favorite company redeem themselves with their next system which btw is unannounced.

In other words - its just something people talk about when they got nothin better to do.

Buy yourself a WiiU if you want it - there's a couple of great games - granted all of them are first party l0l.

LOL As Microsoft admitted Nintendo has some of the best first party if not the best first party in terms of overall quality. That Wii U might look well next to my PS4 and XBox One.

Around the Network

The Wii U has more than enough good exclusives to warrant a purchase and some good old Nintendo support from you this Black Friday, NX coming in a year or not. I think that NX will be backwards compatible, but you can sell your Wii U when that time arrives.

bet: lost

Mystro-Sama said:
The new Zelda next year and X in December are more than enough to get it not to mention the backlog of games like Bayonetta 2 and Pikmin 3.

X is going to take a while to beat, I am sure. I am definitely going to have to wait for a low period to play that. Bayonetta is high on my list. I love hack n slash.

I love how people automatically assume that the nx is a hardware platform. Nintendo themselves have never ever claimed so. NX could easily be a software platform much like steam or origin. What do you think the X in NX stands for? X = cross. Cross platform. Nintendo cross platform. Nintendo is going third party.

Hmm, I thought you had a Wii U already...

Well, if you're holding off incase you think the NX may be BC with Wii U games, then I think you should just wait for more into on the NX at E3. Could save you some money and trouble.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

elektranine said:
I love how people automatically assume that the nx is a hardware platform. Nintendo themselves have never ever claimed so. NX could easily be a software platform much like steam or origin. What do you think the X in NX stands for? X = cross. Cross platform. Nintendo cross platform. Nintendo is going third party.

Im sure this is just as speculative as what everyone else is saying. I highly doubt Nintendo has the need to go third party after one bad gen. Don't listen to people who sound like MIchael Pachter.