By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Mean Girls Game Released, Watch the Trailer Here

New Mean Girls Game Released, Watch the Trailer Here

Fetch

While a bonafide sequel to 2004 cult hit movie Mean Girls is still a long time coming, fans of the series can now play a new video game based on the film. Mobile game developer Pocket Gems today announced and released Mean Girls: Senior Year, described as a story-driven interactive game inspired by the movie.

The game features all the main characters you remember from Mean Girls and North Shore High, but you don't play as any of them. Instead, you create your own character. As far as story goes, your character transfers to North Shore for her senior year with a dream of getting into a prestigious college.

But this school only accepts one student per year from North Shore; and of course, Regina George is also vying for the spot. Expect a lot of drama.

"As you compete with Regina, you will befriend characters from the original movie such as Cady, Janis, and Damian, while overcoming the dreaded Plastics Gretchen and Karen," Pocket Gems explained. "You will also meet the guy of your dreams, but as with most high school romances, there is drama at every turn."

Mean Girls: Senior Year is available today for free on iTunes and Google Play through the Episodes platform. The game's story, which can vary depending on how you play, was written by Legally Blonde and 10 Things I Hate About You scribe Kirsten Smith.

Pocket Gems also created a game based around singer Demi Lovato's life.

Not counting 2011's made-for-TV Mean Girls 2, the series has been dormant since the original was released in 2004. According to Deadline, it's picking back up again with Mean Moms, a film that aims to capture the spirit of Mean Girls but with an adult cast. Jennifer Aniston is reportedly in talks for the lead.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-mean-girls-game-released-watch-the-trailer-her/1100-6432396/

Personal Note: Having problems embedding trailer.  Please visit the above link to view said trailer.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  Have a great day.

Around the Network

The Walking Dead of the new age.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Downloading as we are speaking... Mean Girls is probably my favorite girl movie ever..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Downloading as we are speaking... Mean Girls is probably my favorite girl movie ever..

There's a nude patch coming.  I heard it from...a friend.

Oh my god! That app is so great! Where did you get it?