By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Twilight Princess HD or Wind Waker HD: Which Looks Better?

So?

Wind Waker HD 184 80.35%

Twilight Princess HD 19 8.30%

Both! 26 11.35%

Total:229
Miyamotoo said:
LipeJJ said:
Miyamotoo said:

SS HD will look fantastic. :)

Yeah! Hopefully they do an amazing remake/remaster of it for the NX. Imagine an improved Ghirahim model... that would be fabulous!

Art style is so good that they basically they only need 1080p without any other graphical improvements.

+ advanced lightning and shadows ;)

Around the Network

Now I want Skyward Sword HD.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Chazore said:
Metroid33slayer said:

Unless you're using texture packs on dolphin the game looks far worse than tp hd.

Doesn't bother me, using text packs improves the visuals for me over TP HD, I still find the Dolphin version to look a lot better and it can improve whilst the HD version is now already set in concrete stone that will never be changed on the platform.

Dolphin just renders the image at a higher definition, it still uses the same assets. TP hd uses brand new higher quality assets so it impossible for the game to look better on dolphin.

SS doesn't look good, why do people like it so much? (from a visual pov)

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

spemanig said:

There's been easily more work done on TPHD than WWHD. WWHD didn't get anywhere close to that level of texture overhaul and, contrary to popular belief, most of the particle effects were already in the original. The biggest changes were in the lighting and the skybox aesthetically. Everything else is pretty much identical to the original.

They probably didn't use the same lighting trick on TP because it would look worse on TP than it did on WWHD. It wouldn't show well because the nature of how poorly that game aged. It would probably make all the characters look like papier-måché in an incredebly unflattering way.

I disagree that SS looks better than WW, but it has aged far better than I thought it did.

I'm just sitting here wishing Tantulus did Metroid Prime instead, though... This kind of remaster would have actually worked for that game since it's aged graphically far better, and it's controls have aged terribly from the GCN. A change to the Federation Force control scheme with a map on the gamepad would have been a dream.

While TP's fairly subdued art style would make it difficult to replicate the impact of WWHD's lighting update, they could certainly have expanded upon what it's already doing. Stuff like more properly defined shadows, and per pixel illumination would have been great. It wouldn't have been as dramatic as what we saw with WWHD, but it'd add a nice extra layer of life to TP's world.

Around the Network
Metroid33slayer said:
Chazore said:

Doesn't bother me, using text packs improves the visuals for me over TP HD, I still find the Dolphin version to look a lot better and it can improve whilst the HD version is now already set in concrete stone that will never be changed on the platform.

Dolphin just renders the image at a higher definition, it still uses the same assets. TP hd uses brand new higher quality assets so it impossible for the game to look better on dolphin.

Just like with normal PC games, emulated games can be modded, and those mods can improve assets.

JNK said:
Miyamotoo said:
LipeJJ said:
Miyamotoo said:

SS HD will look fantastic. :)

Yeah! Hopefully they do an amazing remake/remaster of it for the NX. Imagine an improved Ghirahim model... that would be fabulous!

Art style is so good that they basically they only need 1080p without any other graphical improvements.

+ advanced lightning and shadows ;)

Of Course, but that same lighting wouldn't had same nearly effect in TPHD because of totally different art style.

Zekkyou said:

While TP's fairly subdued art style would make it difficult to replicate the impact of WWHD's lighting update, they could certainly have expanded upon what it's already doing. Stuff like more properly defined shadows, and per pixel illumination would have been great. It wouldn't have been as dramatic as what we saw with WWHD, but it'd add a nice extra layer of life to TP's world.

If we look at the dolphin mods, it seems it was bump mapping that had the most dramatic affect on making that look good. Either way, I just feel like better lighting seems like too obvious an addition to not have been tested out. Since they clearly never intended on giving it a complete graphic overhaul it deserves, I can't help but be suspicious that they tested out a stronger lighting system and made the judgement that it had a detrimental effect on the aesthetics, likely because they'd shine a bad light (no pun intended) on how flat all the now detailed textures are on such low polygon assets.

Thats my guess, anyway.

Pavolink said:
Now I want Skyward Sword HD.

Oh shit! I raised a monster! xD

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Teeqoz said:
Metroid33slayer said:

Just like with normal PC games, emulated games can be modded, and those mods can improve assets.

This is what I've been trying to say but apparently slightly, very slightly touched up assets>mods.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"