By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Twilight Princess HD or Wind Waker HD: Which Looks Better?

So?

Wind Waker HD 184 80.35%

Twilight Princess HD 19 8.30%

Both! 26 11.35%

Total:229
Miyamotoo said:
LipeJJ said:
Miyamotoo said:

SS HD will look fantastic. :)

Yeah! Hopefully they do an amazing remake/remaster of it for the NX. Imagine an improved Ghirahim model... that would be fabulous!

Art style is so good that they basically they only need 1080p without any other graphical improvements.

While I agree it would look good on 1080p with less jaggies alone, it would be better if they tweaked it vissualy a bit more... for example, a new lightning system would fit in this game I think!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
spemanig said:

I can't help but be suspicious that they tested out a stronger lighting system and made the judgement that it had a detrimental effect on the aesthetics, likely because they'd shine a bad light (no pun intended) on how flat all the now detailed textures are on such low polygon assets.

Properly implemented lighting and shading can go a long way towards hiding blocky geometry though; a lot of 7th and 8th gen games are a lot lower poly than they look, because the shaders smooth over the joints between polygons.

Seems to me more like Nintendo kept them on a very short leash as far as what they were allowed to change. Plus, it seems to be a low budget production, and Tantalus aren't exactly renowned for their technical credentials.

LipeJJ said:
Miyamotoo said:
LipeJJ said:
Miyamotoo said:

SS HD will look fantastic. :)

Yeah! Hopefully they do an amazing remake/remaster of it for the NX. Imagine an improved Ghirahim model... that would be fabulous!

Art style is so good that they basically they only need 1080p without any other graphical improvements.

While I agree it would look good on 1080p with less jaggies alone, it would be better if they tweaked it vissualy a bit more... for example, a new lightning system would fit in this game I think!

I think that lightning system is already pretty good, only 1080p with AA, better textures and some new models would make great looking game let's say in 2017-2018.

Wind Waker HD is aesthetically pleasing and stylized.
Twilight Princess HD looks like a game from 2006 that has had its textures smeared together.

patronmacabre said:

Twilight Princess HD looks like a game from 2006 that has had its textures smeared together.

How so?

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!