By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 vs Fallout 4 - Gameplaywise

Which game has the better gameplay?

Fallout 4 67 29.39%

The Witcher 3 160 70.18%

Total:227

Lol, what an insane base! Nice work there SvennoJ!

On PC, I can go into tcl, or noclip mode in the console to fly around but the angles and point of view is still wonky at best. I've built fences and turrets at all major bases and some smaller ones but I have nothing close to those behemoth structures yet!

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Mummelmann said:

I know the controls (I play on PC btw), it's the angles that bother me, you don't have a good overview of what you're doing in the big picture in first person or third person view and that's by far my biggest gripe with building. Sure, the interface is Bethesda-style clunky as well but the angles are the main culprit.

Pokoko; I have the beacon hooked up, but people aren't showing up. I do a lot of people in other, smaller settlements though, most have more than five at least, so I could send some over. I think my boathouse has ten people, and there's not much room to grow food there so I could send half of them away.

As for defenses, like others have mentioned, I've not had any problems protecting the settlements, and I think it has been at least 7-8 game hours since my last attack. I can give most of my settlers power armor if I want to, I have about 200 fusion cores and at least a dozen suits of power armor hanging around in my settlements (I don't play with power armor at all, I find it quite boring to be honest).

No mod on PC yet to make you able to fly around? I build in first person mode on PS4, it's fiddly yet after years on Minecraft the angles don't bother me. The twitchy snap system does. You have to stand in weird places to get some things to snap in place. Indeed some things only snap while looking at it under some weird angles.

I never even touch power armor, too heavy to carry around and walking inside it is too slow for me. Plus it's stupid you lose all deep pocketed bonuses when you get in one. Do you get in there naked or something? It looks like Sturges used the original one I brought back to Sanctuary at the very beginning. It's now standing in the middle of the street as a statue.

I removed the pressure plates at the entrance of Sanctuary again, looks like crap with all the cables hanging and provisioners have trouble walking over them screwing up my visitor counter. I finished the security system, pointless yet fun to build.

Controls at the guard post to arm the alarm. When the laser trip wire gets broken a 2 tonal alarm goes off with alternating flashing lights and flame throwers. Good to barbecue Dog meat or caravans, enemies spawn inside.

They don't do much damage, the 4 heavy laser turrets will shoot anything off the bridge before they get close.

Also finished the bazaar. Shopping mall with all shops and an upper cafeteria level.

They've got everything now, happiness still won't get into the 80's however. They even complained about the bed situation again with 38 beds for 25 people. Somehow the map reported 48 people in Sanctuary. I placed more beds in my hotel, then the number went down to 25, people still complaining. It seems happiness only goes up when you're around and falls back down when you're away. I guess I should stick around for a while to get the 100% trophy.

Btw I can't send new supply lines to Sanctuary. Does that count as a population increase? I guess I can send people from Sanctuary to new settlements instead or use Starlight as a new hub.

Awesome guardhouse at the bridge.  Looks really intimidating.

PC mods will only be superficial until they release the resource kits next year.  

I've only used power armor twice:  the scripted encounter with the Deathclaw and when I was trying to clean out a Supermutant infest hospital while still low-leveled.  It doesn't fit my character's style or the way I like to play.  

Happiness is kind of kooky.  Starlight is usually high 80s while the Slog stays around mid 60s, yet there really isn't much difference between them.  I don't get it.

Starlight is a work in progress and these screens are kind of old but it does a give an idea of where I'm going with it.  These are my two bunkhouses/living areas.  Starlight is my main supply hub with about 10 provisioners.  The Slog is my secondary hub in the east.

This is my home, though construction is on-going.

Merchant's row is opposit the bunkhouses but I don't have a screenshot right now.

We need a dedicated thread for this.

pokoko said:

Awesome guardhouse at the bridge.  Looks really intimidating.

PC mods will only be superficial until they release the resource kits next year.  

I've only used power armor twice:  the scripted encounter with the Deathclaw and when I was trying to clean out a Supermutant infest hospital while still low-leveled.  It doesn't fit my character's style or the way I like to play.  

Happiness is kind of kooky.  Starlight is usually high 80s while the Slog stays around mid 60s, yet there really isn't much difference between them.  I don't get it.

Starlight is a work in progress and these screens are kind of old but it does a give an idea of where I'm going with it.  These are my two bunkhouses/living areas.  Starlight is my main supply hub with about 10 provisioners.  The Slog is my secondary hub in the east.

This is my home, though construction is on-going.

Merchant's row is opposit the bunkhouses but I don't have a screenshot right now.

We need a dedicated thread for this.

I agree, made one http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=210713&page=1

Great pics, nice big house. Where did you get those lamps in the middle picture? I recently got a statue section addded to the build menu. I guess I ran into some somewhere. There are still many things around that aren't in the menus, like the picket fences that are all over Sanctuary.
Anyway I'll be posting in that thread, meanwhile still need at least 300 more copper for my latest project.

I will probably like Fallout 4 more, but for right now I only have Witcher 3 and I'm LOV'IN IT