By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minecraft is now not coming to the Wii U it seems - PEGI's bad...

I noticed a detail that no one seemed to talk about:

It has no symbol for online multiplayer, so the version would be rather pointless.

I don't think it was a PEGI error, that would be very weird. It was probably removed because Microsoft or Nintendo asked for it.

The release date on the PEGI website means that a game is allowed to be released. It's sometimes months before the actual release. The non-existing Vita games were probably initially planned and cancelled.

Around the Network

It will be a disappointment if Minecraft never comes to the WiiU.

Proud to be a Californian.

I think they messes up..

Some to do whit the "minecraft story mode" game that is comming (and is comfirmed) for WiiU

http://www.ign.com/games/minecraft-story-mode/wii-u-20042103

Why are nintendo fans still excited a 6 year old game will come to their console.... just get it on pc.

fatslob-:O said:

Why bother when the active user base is decreasing and when the platform is nearing the end of it's life ?

Nah -- the WiiU's user base is actually near it's peak right now given how solid the SW sales are relative to the last several years.

Honestly, I figure MS releases Minecraft WiiU right as the NX is ready to hit the stage. Soften the demand for NX by extending the appeal of WiiU.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
fleischr said:
fatslob-:O said:

Why bother when the active user base is decreasing and when the platform is nearing the end of it's life ?

Nah -- the WiiU's user base is actually near it's peak right now given how solid the SW sales are relative to the last several years.

Honestly, I figure MS releases Minecraft WiiU right as the NX is ready to hit the stage. Soften the demand for NX by extending the appeal of WiiU.

"Oh look it's the new next-gen Mario and Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 9 and Zelda in 1080P for the new NX ... but Wii U has a six year old port of Minecraft."

I'm sure that's a tough choice for Nintendo fans, also if Minecraft is on Wii U, it's pretty much a given it will be on NX too. 

Soundwave said:
fleischr said:

"Oh look it's the new next-gen Mario and Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 9 and Zelda in 1080P for the new NX ... but Wii U has a six year old port of Minecraft."

I'm sure that's a tough choice for Nintendo fans, also if Minecraft is on Wii U, it's pretty much a given it will be on NX too. 

I don't think the problem is getting Minecraft. I think the game represents the problems Nintendo has with 3rd parties. Minecraft is a game that is on EVERYTHING. Every platform that exists has a version of Minecraft, except for Nintendo systems. If they can't get this universal multiplat, how are they going to manage a stable and healthy stream of 3rd party software on their consoles?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Soundwave said:
fleischr said:

Hey Soundwave, I'm not talking about hardcore Nintendo fans -- but rather those dreadful casuals who wouldn't know any better!

To small children and their woefully ignorant parents and grandparents, Minecraft may still yet hold more mass appeal than anything new Nintendo offers. The other Nintendo IP could be appealling to them, but they won't consider it any different than the NX versions of the same franchises. 

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016