By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Disgaea 1 coming to PC in February

outlawauron said:
Chazore said:
outlawauron said:
Kresnik said:
Seems this one hit the nostalgia button with a lot of people that they must've been hoping for.

Wonder who's doing the porting. Outsourced NISA dev or internal NIS dev.=?

I hope it's outsourced. Don't need to see all of the niche publishers spending their very limited resources porting old games.

last thing they need is a no name outsource job when testing new waters, that's probably the worst thing you could employ for a new tactic in a new market you've hardly touched. Especially if their first job is to not care and outsource and eventually as they do a job themselevs for their first time and end up screwing up, if the outsource jobs gets screwed and then they take a crack and screw it up themselves then that's twice they fucked up in a new market.

They do not need to blow such a chance too early because you want quality before others, I'd rather they do a rgeat first job and leave a good first lasting impression than a shit one.

Even then, there's no information to really show that it helps. Certainly didn't help Legend of Heroes SC, which sold pretty terribly.

Yes but the first game sold great.  Maybe this one will have legs. I know I plan on buying it I'm just in the middle of Tales of Zesteria right now so I don't have any reason to pick i up but I will. Not to mention it was released when a lot of top games have come out.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

I can see we'll just go in circles here.

I'll just answer one bit. I was referring to the Steamspy numbers for Trails in the Sky Second Chapter. They are horrible. A well done PC port where the release of the game was held back to release at the same time as the handheld version.

So basically you're summing up very sketchy and rough data or a port on another platform and equating it for every other game and every other dev worth out there?.

Just because you think it sold bad doesn't mean it sold bad, that's up to the devs in question, look at SE for example, they thought the TR reboot sold poorly and they got blasted for having over the top expectations and eventually they were happy with the numbers after some time. Who is to say the numbers stop there with the game you used a 3rd party for?, afaik games on PC continue to sell for years and years, they don't just suddenly stop dead in their tracks or stop like they do with consoles after a peroid of time.

I do understand what you are getting at but really it can go both ways and I know very well that you wouldn't like it going both ways since it would mean your platform getting more scrwewed than mine, I am merely wanting to get the same treatment than none at all and NIS are wanting to test the waters and I want what's best for them and for the market in general, which is to say don't fuck it up, don't outsource your first ever job towards a new market.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Really don't want to argue with you because we're going to just go in circles. However, Disgaea isn't the first game on Steam for NISA, it will be their 3rd, so it's hardly testing the waters.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I put 200+ hours on this back on PS2 so I'm good, but glad new audience can play this amazing game.

outlawauron said:
Really don't want to argue with you because we're going to just go in circles. However, Disgaea isn't the first game on Steam for NISA, it will be their 3rd, so it's hardly testing the waters.

It's only going in circles because you want to have your say being the end of it. You said before that one game didn't sell well on Steam according to not completely accurate data and thus went with "they should outsource the PC port so they can focus on my console game/future game".

At the end of the day you want more attention and them to give less to the other platform when we sum it up.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
Chazore said:
outlawauron said:

It's only going in circles because you want to have your say being the end of it. You said before that one game didn't sell well on Steam according to not completely accurate data and thus went with "they should outsource the PC port so they can focus on my console game/future game".

At the end of the day you want more attention and them to give less to the other platform when we sum it up.

This type of statement is why I know I'm wasting my time. IDGAF if that new game is Disgaea 6 on PS4/PC/PS1/Dreamcast, etc.

Don't think there's much to gain by porting a 12 year old niche title.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

People that want to play it on their platform of choice?.

Chazore said:
outlawauron said:

Pc players could already play the first and second disgaea since a long time, with pcsx2 and ppsspp.

Namiirei said:
Chazore said:

I don't want to emulate it mthough and not everyone wants to anyway, besides this excuse could be used to just not remaster or port any game to any other system since it already exists somewhere else.

Still don't see a reason to be against PC getting a port let alone one from NIS themselves.