By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ar3 hardcor3 gam3rs, addicts? Poll. Ar3 you hardcor3?

I'm...

...a gaming addict. Self confessed. 37 45.12%

...not a gaming addict. Maybe in denial 0,o 12 14.63%

...not a gaming addicted at all! Part timer. 27 32.93%

Rather not say... 6 7.32%

Total:82
m0ney said:
Nogamez said:
No one on earth is addicted to video games. Millions are addicted to drugs and or alcohol. Don't see the connection tbh

Video game addiction is real, some ppl have even died from it.

Lol you can't be addicted to a form off entertainment. It's physically impossible. If you took away there games there bodies wouldn't start shaking a hallucinating. They would just be angry because that WANT to play games not NEED to.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
m0ney said:

Video game addiction is real, some ppl have even died from it.

Lol you can't be addicted to a form off entertainment. It's physically impossible. If you took away there games there bodies wouldn't start shaking a hallucinating. They would just be angry because that WANT to play games not NEED to.

http://www.ibtimes.com/gamer-dies-internet-cafe-after-three-day-gaming-binge-hardly-anyone-notices-1787936

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:
Nogamez said:

http://www.ibtimes.com/gamer-dies-internet-cafe-after-three-day-gaming-binge-hardly-anyone-notices-1787936

That is not addiction, just plain stupidity.

I injected a Call of Duty once and tried to have sex with a next gen fish AI.
Never again.

Just because there are similar chemical releases in your brain doesn't make them equal. That same dopamin and serotonin is released when you spend time with someone you like (be it romantically or as a friend), yet you wouldn't say that being in love is no different than being a junkie?

Around the Network
Hankoney said:
m0ney said:

Your argument will not hold in court.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:
Hankoney said:
m0ney said:

Your argument will not hold in court.

Umm but he still wasn't addicted. He just happend to have a Heart attack while playing on a computer. Im guessing his overall health was bad.

Nogamez said:

Umm but he still wasn't addicted. He just happend to have a Heart attack while playing on a computer. Im guessing his overall health was bad.

Yes, and Elvis was not addicted either, he just happened to snort or inject too much.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

That's like saying everything you enjoy doing is a drug.

I dont think its an addiction because it doesn't cause dependency. If say, you go to school or work, the urge will pass and you don't incur in any physical withdrawal symptoms.

So... no, its not. Its a hobby.

John2290 said:
Teeqoz said:
Just because there are similar chemical releases in your brain doesn't make them equal. That same dopamin and serotonin is released when you spend time with someone you like (be it romantically or as a friend), yet you wouldn't say that being in love is no different than being a junkie?

Lovers are junkies too. But people have lost Jobs, family members. Relationships have ended because of gaming. 

So lovers are no different from drug addicts now?

Relationships have ended because of a lot of things... Including love. Actually, I'd say especially because of love

There are people who are addicted to gaming, but those people are a much smaller group than even the so called "hardcore" gamers.