By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Prediction: Microsoft will win Black Friday (again)

Who do you think will win Black Friday 2015?

Xbox One 124 26.78%

PS4 290 62.63%

LOL....Wii U 49 10.58%

Total:463
Roronaa_chan said:
You keep talking about exclusives.. But what exclusives? There's only H5 and that already came and went with a whimper. People looking into getting Blops and BF don't need yet another shooter either.

Rise of the Tomb Raider says hello and Sony and PC wont be seeing that until next year. Sony for sure a full year past launch. Microsoft was using that game against Sony to fend off Uncharted, but since Sony pushed back Uncharteds release date they handed fourth quarter 2015 to Microsoft. They will most likely get first quarter. With Street Fighter and Uncharted on the way they've got that under serious lockdown.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Roronaa_chan said:
You keep talking about exclusives.. But what exclusives? There's only H5 and that already came and went with a whimper. People looking into getting Blops and BF don't need yet another shooter either.

Rise of the Tomb Raider says hello and Sony and PC wont be seeing that until next year. Sony for sure a full year past launch. Microsoft was using that game against Sony to fend off Uncharted, but since Sony pushed back Uncharteds release date they handed fourth quarter 2015 to Microsoft. They will most likely get first quarter. With Street Fighter and Uncharted on the way they've got that under serious lockdown.

Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One sold less than 50k in UK first week. Don't say hello, say good bye instead. 

Faelco said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One sold less than 50k in UK first week. Don't say hello, say good bye instead. 

Don't worry, it will have legs. Thats what Crystal Dynamics gets for going exclusive with Microsoft and then making the second mistake of launching in the same timeframe as Fallout 4. With targets buy 2 get one free deals and best buys sales you never know how many of these games will get sales boosts in short order.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
AEGRO said:

The minority said that they wouldnt. Everybody realized that it was Halo month, it was expected that they win the month.

What people didnt expect is that underwhelming sales of Halo software and hardware, even then people still gave the edge to the X1 because of the pre-orders.

I was one that gave the month to the Ps4, but just because i didnt take in account the pre-orders and just went with how i saw the Amazon sales of the month, which had the Ps4 on top almost every week.

I remember quite a few people saying  "exclusives dont matter" , "but sony's dominating"...etc...etc. I was telling them exclusives do matter. Yeah, people were showing the Amazon lists which had to the PS4 ahead as well, but Amazon isnt the NPD. With Sony's hype right now, not many people will be having a lack of confidence in them with or without major exclusives in fourth quarter. Much like the 360 last year they are surviving by the same tactic until next year when the good exclusives drop. Im thinking about getting my PS4 back from my cousin (since I havent been using it) and selling to invest in the special edition Uncharted bundle. I would be so down to do that. Love Uncharted.

Apparently, exclusives dont matter to the Xbox One owners seeing how "The Best Line-Up in Xbox History" flopped one by one.

- Forza didnt chart on the NPD, the worst selling Forza in the series.

- Halo 5, the worst selling Halo in the main series.

- Tomb Raider, i dont know about past TR, but it will certtainly sell less than the previous reboot.

So, do exclusives really matter seeing how these games performed?

The not so "X Factor" for this month are the BLOPS3 and STBF Pre-Orders. Both bundles managed to be in the Amazon Top 20 very comfortable thru the entire October.

If Xbox One won Octobers NPD because of its Halo bundle pre orders, which BTW struggled to be in the Top 50s, im seeing the Ps4 breezing thru this month without a sweat, no matter whan happens on Black Friday.

Exclusives largely don't matter. PS4 has sold off factors like price, word of mouth, and third party games. But not exclusives. Shoppers on BF don't give a fuck about exclusives, they care about price, and what toy little Johnny wrote on his list.

Am I the only one who has thought the BF deals thus far are extremely weak for both consoles? Compared to the treats they have bestowed upon us the last few years anyway. I mean, Sony might not have had an official "price cut" last BF but they had the GTA V bundle which essentially cut $110 off the price with the included games. Plus anything stores threw in on top of it. Same for Xbone with the AC bundle and price drop.

I guess the Dell Xbone deal is pretty sweet, you get the Gears bundle, AND Fallout 4, AND an extra controller, thought idk if its a real controller or some 3rd party garbage.

I don't think the new bundles will matter nearly as much as people think. It's the holidays, shit is going to sell whether it has an ugly Star Wars design on it or not. Same with Xbone bundles. Customers might choose it over another PS4 console but they all come with games now. I thought PS4 would win October, I figure they'll win November.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Faelco said:

Don't worry, it will have legs. Thats what Crystal Dynamics gets for going exclusive with Microsoft and then making the second mistake of launching in the same timeframe as Fallout 4. With targets buy 2 get one free deals and best buys sales you never know how many of these games will get sales boosts in short order.

I don't worry, I'm sure it will have really good legs. It will even sell better next year, and even twice! For the PC release and the PS4 release...

But for now, like Forza and Halo, it's a failure when talking about Xbox One sales. None of them moves hardware, simple as that. The "best line up in history" (great PR lie, btw) is failing. 

You and me had enough debates about exclusives versus multiplats this year, you know my position about that. Xbox exclusives and retro compatibility are irrelevant in consoles sales and won't help the One. 

Faelco said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One sold less than 50k in UK first week. Don't say hello, say good bye instead

Daaamn LOL

S.T.A.G.E. said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Battlefront wasn't coming out last year, come on dude ;)

Yeah, but Microsoft had a reason to have an advantage in both years. Last year was a $50 price differential, and this year is more key exclusives. They both will have battlefront and I am sure EA will give Microsoft some deal since they've been chummy as of late. We already know Sony has the superior deal with COD. Heh The beta came first on the Xbox One I believe.

BO3 beta was first on PS4, then it came on PC and XB1.

They have no price advantage this year. And the only exclusive they have that's going to sell is Halo 5 which already did pretty badly (in comparison to other Halo's) by Octobers NPD. Sony have all the third party bundles, it's tied to a garanteed billion dollar movie (the console has a big ass freaking Darth Vader on it) Even IF microsoft win it it's going to be close.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

AEGRO said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
AEGRO said:

The minority said that they wouldnt. Everybody realized that it was Halo month, it was expected that they win the month.

What people didnt expect is that underwhelming sales of Halo software and hardware, even then people still gave the edge to the X1 because of the pre-orders.

I was one that gave the month to the Ps4, but just because i didnt take in account the pre-orders and just went with how i saw the Amazon sales of the month, which had the Ps4 on top almost every week.

I remember quite a few people saying  "exclusives dont matter" , "but sony's dominating"...etc...etc. I was telling them exclusives do matter. Yeah, people were showing the Amazon lists which had to the PS4 ahead as well, but Amazon isnt the NPD. With Sony's hype right now, not many people will be having a lack of confidence in them with or without major exclusives in fourth quarter. Much like the 360 last year they are surviving by the same tactic until next year when the good exclusives drop. Im thinking about getting my PS4 back from my cousin (since I havent been using it) and selling to invest in the special edition Uncharted bundle. I would be so down to do that. Love Uncharted.

Apparently, exclusives dont matter to the Xbox One owners seeing how "The Best Line-Up in Xbox History" flopped one by one.

- Forza didnt chart on the NPD, the worst selling Forza in the series.

- Halo 5, the worst selling Halo in the main series.

- Tomb Raider, i dont know about past TR, but it will certtainly sell less than the previous reboot.

So, do exclusives really matter seeing how these games performed?

The not so "X Factor" for this month are the BLOPS3 and STBF Pre-Orders. Both bundles managed to be in the Amazon Top 20 very comfortable thru the entire October.

If Xbox One won Octobers NPD because of its Halo bundle pre orders, which BTW struggled to be in the Top 50s, im seeing the Ps4 breezing thru this month without a sweat, no matter whan happens on Black Friday.

Of course the games are selling worse, the major core gamers who buy large front ended parts of the sales have jumped ship back to Sony where they originally were during the PS2 era. Microsoft only had them for the 360. Trust me that was the first and only gen that Microsoft enjoyed those sales but it was originally Sony on the PS2 who set those standards when they expanded the market. Microsoft is going to have to gain ground and use legs to make their exclusives sell.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider says goodbye

Fixed that for you..

I assumed you were excluding negligible releases because you said PS4 didn't have any exclusives, which is only true if we operate under that assumption. Don't really want to do another list war