By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forbes: PS4 is terrorist communication device

Its the PS2 all over again.People need something to put the blame on, they are just afraid.

I mean sure, this could be done.People could use online games as a means of communication, due to the fact that its not its primary function, and so it wouldnt atract attention and such, butthis is also true for any communication device, or any tecnology actually.So if cellphones are used for terrorism, should we all stop suing it?Or all our calls and messages be monitored?Youtube videos could also be used for communication.A Youtuber could also have prepared special messages in his videos to signal terrorists.For example, everytime he says "COD" he could actually be signaling that a cache of weapons at a X location is ready to be shipped.Anything could be used as a means of communication, you just need to be creative.If we go like this, thinking that any tecnology or a new tecnological device can be used for evil, which it actually can, we would be paranoic and would drive us crazy eventually.

All in all, I find this article pretty tasteless.He just throws blame around, without any solid proof, other than that a PS4 was found in the house.As if the terrorist couldnt have used the PS4 other than planning evil things 24 hours a day.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Stupid article, what's next? It's as ridiculous as saying...

Toyota is the car terrorist use to get to their destinations!

Iphones are their cell phones of choice! (I doubt the PS4 was their only use of communications)

Bread is what they eat to fuel them!

Is this Forbes (an American company) trying to take a jab at a Japanese company in hopes to help shift the console war? lol

Wow people are taking this super personally.

This isn't some rumor just because they found a PS4 in the apartment, an investigator actually said this in a different article: http://www.xpats.com/brussels-weakest-link-europes-fight-against-terrorism

They are probably using many different alternative forms of communication, but it seems that the PS4 is definitely one of them.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

V-r0cK said:

Iphones are their cell phones of choice! (I doubt the PS4 was their only use of communications)

Is this Forbes (an American company) trying to take a jab at a Japanese company in hopes to help shift the console war? lol

I mean there have been investigations into toyota and ISIS, http://www.autonews.com/article/20151007/GLOBAL/151009869/toyota-responds-to-u.s.-inquiry-over-vehicles-being-used-by-isis

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

JOKA_ said:
V-r0cK said:

I mean there have been investigations into toyota and ISIS, http://www.autonews.com/article/20151007/GLOBAL/151009869/toyota-responds-to-u.s.-inquiry-over-vehicles-being-used-by-isis

Wow, looks like hypocrisy on a grand scale. The quantity of US weapons these jihadists use....

the cars and computers seem pretty innocent without the weapons.

Around the Network

Article has been removed.... Hmmmm, I wonder why?

Japanese communicators? + Japanese automobiles + American weapons + American political support = terrorism?

Insidb said:
Japanese communicators? + Japanese automobiles + American weapons + American political support = terrorism?

Certainly a reliable combination. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Bryank75 said:
Article has been removed.... Hmmmm, I wonder why?

These idiot " contributors " of forbes ...

Sorry, Gaf had a thread up after me and people said the link was dead. The article is still up if you search and has spread to many other sites. 

I guess the big news is that Marino maker is now on ps4, Nintendo stock through the roof! Jk 

Wow, can't believe that isn't mentioned in the EULA! "PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems, or any systems bearing the Playstation (PS) logo are not to be used for communication or any other part of any criminal, war or terrorism efforts."

I bet that would've kept people from doing it...